African Factions for CUP

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

N'Ziwasogo here I come!

3. Now all I need is for Isla Duala to be updated and indexed.

4. Next faction up will be my Muslim African Civs. That will allow folks to play scenarios with both Christian African factions and more Boko Haram/ISIS style Muslim African factions. I should have those civs up tomorrow.

5. Are you going to arm your Takistani Civilians? ;)

6. @JD_Wang Well..CUP already has Takistani insurgents so that's why I haven't done them.

Although I do have about 3 different Taliban factions using various mods created. I might make a CUP only version too.

7. Only reason I ask is because last time I looked the CUP faction was a bit of a mess in terms of group sizes, layouts etc.

8. Faction #5 added to my African Pack.

An African based UN Peacekeeping force set to Blufor. They speak French so I'm thinking they're from Cameroon, etc.

-image-

-image-

9. Currently trying to re-index N'Ziwasogo so I can use these bad boys on there! I keep getting an error when trying to launch the indexer in game which isn't allowing the indexer to open, I'm assuming it has something to do with the pbo file I put? (projeta3005.pbo for N'Ziwasogo, or I thought at least.) I'll keep playing around with it, and if I figure it out I'll let you guys know.

10. Faction number six now added to the African pack.

A second civilian faction that is more of a Muslim-African population.

-image-

-image-

-image-

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@AUTigerGrad I massed subscribed to all of your ORBAT factions on Steam. Are all of the African factions being incorporated into the one subscription? I haven't checked BTW. Still need a good map for these dudes. Just curious.

Damn fine work BTW. The photos are amazing.

12. @HeroesandvillainsOS  I group by mod dependencies. So all of my CUP based factions are in one pack. I also have a single African Regime Army faction that is RHS based.

Any factions I create will be grouped by mod dependencies moving forward.

13. Because you're awesome. :) Thanks.

14. Awesome work! Subscribed to both, I hope you can add a middle eastern type insurgent faction to compliment your taki civ's. I've been trying to cut back on running tons of mods with my alive scenarios and these fit the bill. Keep em coming!

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

He has some in the ORBAT thread (first post there is a link). Though it won't help you cut down on mods.

For that, just use CUP Takistanis. I'd switch all my missions over, but seeing as I'd still need a BLUFOR and CUP doesn't separate factions into camo patterns, that just means more ORBAT mods so I'm still holding out for Project OPFOR's next update and will stick to RHS for BLUFOR.

16. Edited 7 years ago by AUTigerGrad

@Jharris86 Awesome work! Subscribed to both, I hope you can add a middle eastern type insurgent faction to compliment your taki civ's. I've been trying to cut back on running tons of mods with my alive scenarios and these fit the bill. Keep em coming!

I've had several requests to do that. I think I'm gonna go ahead and make my own version of Taliban/Takistani insurgents and add them to the Civ pack. I'll try and get that out sometime this week.

I'm also looking to make an Asian faction pack as well for CUP. So Chinese gun runners, Civs, etc.

17. @AUTigerGrad think I'm gonna go ahead and make my own version of Taliban/Takistani insurgents and add them to the Civ pack.

Quoted so there's no going back, you HAVE to do it now :P

In all seriousness thanks for this man, you're saving a lot of us a bunch of work, and I for one appreciate it immensely.

or Sign Up to reply!