FYI: RHS Issue with ALiVE Logistics

1. 7 years ago

So I've spent the better part of the afternoon tinkering and experimenting with this.

On Al Rayak, I placed modules for RHS USMC (AI commander, Civ obj, Mil Obj, Mil Logistics). I then placed Player combat logistics..and set it to Side and Faction.

I then placed down a player unit as RHS Socom Operator. I called in Logistics for 2 USMC Squads to land near me. It says the helos were loaded..then it says they were destroyed in transit. I called in Air Drop for the same squads...nothing.

I then switched to a player unit as RHS USMC Soldier. Same thing..called in logistics....RHS Choppers show up, drop off the troops.

I tested this several times. The common theme appears to be that if I play as an RHS Socom Operator I can't call in any logistics at all. If I play as US Army or USMC, logistics works.

Just passing this along.

2. Edited 7 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Actually, I'll take it one step further.

Socom Operators will not come in via ALiVE logistics of any type, only US Army and USMC units will.

Also...if you play as a SOCOM operator...ALiVE logistics will break and nothing will come in, even regular USMC or US Army units.

I don't know if any ALiVE Devs have looked into this before. But its definitely happening after several hours of testing.

I'm assuming those groups in that faction aren't configured for ALiVE? But even so...if I'm calling in RHS USMC units playing as an Operator..shouldn't that still work?

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Sort of maybe related to this, and for all I know it's intentional. I'm working on a mission that is set to Faction only for logistics, with that faction being RHS USMC desert. When playing as an RHS USMC woodland camo unit, for logistics I can't call in the desert units because they don't show up on the list (the desert units being the only faction I let spawn in the mission. The woodland pattern units play a support role and are for players only). When I call in these woodland units, which is my only logistics option, nothing arrives even though I was told they were delivered.

I'm actually not surprised nothing comes in because the woodland units aren't in the forcepool. It's just disappointing setting faction for logistics seems to revert to my player unit's faction, and not the ones controlled by the commander, which would be needed for logistics to work.

4. You need to be the same faction as the commander for player logistics to work, @AUTigerGrad. Also, RHS SOCOM is not ALiVE compatible, so by playing a unit that falls into that faction, yes, will not work.

As per wiki instructions , the player, military logistics module, and commander must all 3 be in the same faction for things to work properly.

I am currently working on an Al Rayak mission as RHS_faction_usmc_wd, and have logistics working fine using the above method. Sorry to dig up old thread.

5. @Docbuck yup. Figured that out about a month ago. Thanks anyway though. I'll never forget that again, that's for sure.

6. i have all 3 required elements to call in logistics. For the life of me i don't get any options to call in logistics for vehicles, ammo, fortifications, etc. I can call in groups

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Which faction are you using?

8. RHS. Everything is up to date

9. I meant which faction exactly?

10. all of them.

11. @Shizzak I believe he means which faction are you using for the logistics? Which faction is your character, which faction is the opcom, and which faction is the logistics module set to?

All 3 need to be the same.

Also GREF does not work with ALiVE.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yep. Thanks for clearing that up.

I use RHS a lot so I'll take a peak at one of my missions to see if logistics are working for me. I have absolutely made the same mistake of not using all 3 requirements before FWIW. I didn't realize that was a pre-requisite until recently either.

13. GREF does work with ALiVE if you group them properly. I have properly configured GREF factions in the ORBATRON shared drive. Logistics will work.

14. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@AUTigerGrad GREF does work with ALiVE if you group them properly. I have properly configured GREF factions in the ORBATRON shared drive. Logistics will work.

Damn, missed that. Time to try some GREF factions soon. :)

15. @AUTigerGrad GREF does work with ALiVE if you group them properly. I have properly configured GREF factions in the ORBATRON shared drive. Logistics will work.

Thank you for correction there. I referred to vanilla GREF with no orbat modification. But yes sir you are 100% right.

16. all 3 prerequistes are in place still nothing

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

For which faction? I realize you said it's all of them, but which factions have you tried?

These are the supported factions from the wiki. Any of these?:

US Army (Woodland): rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
    US Army (Desert): rhs_faction_usarmy_d
    US Marines (Woodland): rhs_faction_usmc_wd
    US Marines (Desert): rhs_faction_usmc_d
    Russian Federation Troops: rhs_faction_msv
    Russian Motor Rifle Troops: rhs_faction_vdv

18. i tried all factions one by one on the supported factions. it doesn't want to show me vehicles/infrastuctures i can call upon

19. for some reason now they work, i think the updated Alive did something, but now i see my items i can call in

or Sign Up to reply!