Debug now showing in mission map with 1.2.7

1. 7 years ago

I also cross posted this question in Discord channel.

Have any of you guys noticed anything like this showing up after the newest version of ALiVE dropped with existing missions? debug with custom objective information showing
    Steam Community: Arma 3. debug showing

We updated our mission today with the latest version and this started showing up.

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/236

3. Thanks for linking that HeroesandvillainsOS; I didn't see a mention of a fix but I am assuming it is on the way soon.

4. Hard to say but I'd assume so. I have a vanilla repro posted there and Friznit himself has seen the issue on his end too so I'd say the chances are good.

Though obviously no one can promise anything aside from the dev team.

5. Yeah I just rolled our server back to 1.2.5 until they get it fixed. I don't want to hear any whining about "mahhh immersion is broken since I can see that stuff on the map..."

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Haha yeah, but real weather and the new OPCOM module options are too good to not use though! :) Man I really LOVE those new module options. It lets you tinker and balance to your heart's desire. It's amazing.

7. Friznit

8 Jan 2017 Administrator

Glad you like them - it was your suggestion after all! :)

8. :)

9. I played around with it on my local box but have to hold out for a fix until we can drop it in our mission server. Otherwise I will never hear the end of the whining.

10. Tupolov

9 Jan 2017 Administrator

Fixed it in Dev. Here is a workaround.

Place the following code in the init line of the custom objective module

0 = [this] spawn { _logic = _this select 0; waitUntil {count (_logic getVariable ["objectives",[]]) > 1}; _testObjective = (_logic getVariable "objectives") select 0; [_testObjective,"debug",false] call ALiVE_fnc_cluster;};
  11. Will give this a shot right now.

12. @Tupolov I am going to take a stab here and guess that you mean every custom objective module that gets placed down? If so it is not working when I run that on a mission in the editor.

13. Tupolov

13 Jan 2017 Administrator

Works dude, I tested it and we confirmed it during hackathon. Screenshot your module params for me.

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm more than happy to wait for the next update so no biggie, but I guess I should point out that copy/pasting this code exactly as it's written directly into a cust obj module init isn't working for me either.

I have a mission with 6 cust obj modules synced to an Occupation Commander. Pasting the code in all 6 inits, and then seeing if pasting the code in all 6 inits plus ALiVE required, and pasting this code in all 6 inits plus the Occupation OPCOM module would have a different outcome, all have the same result with the debug still showing.

Tested only in SP.

15. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

Yup, confirmed on my end too! Tested both SP and MP / Dedi.

16. Tupolov

18 Jan 2017 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Was a typo :(

0 = [this] spawn { _logic = _this select 0; waitUntil {count (_logic getVariable ["objectives",[]]) > 0}; _testObjective = (_logic getVariable "objectives") select 0; [_testObjective,"debug",false] call ALiVE_fnc_cluster;};

or Sign Up to reply!