Insurgency/Civilian Questions

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Guitar18

So I've been experimenting with the different modules and have a few questions.

1) How long does it typically take for the asymmetric faction to place IED's when synced? I've heard others saying that it can take a while but so far I've never seen IED'S, Suicide Bombers and VBIED's when synced to the AI Commander.

2) Civilians. I've noticed that with debug on, sometimes Civilian debugs are yellow as opposed to green. Does this indicate anything special?

3) Another question regarding civilians. I've seen civilians via the debug have the getWeapon function, but they walk close and never go and pick up a weapon. Is this due to hostility or an error on my part for not setting up the module correctly?

4) Do AI recognise installations and take them out? I always see installations pop up around the map from time to time. Is this due to AI spotting them and if so, do they have the ability to attack them?

5) How can I make an insurgency start in one area without creating more placement modules and another TAOR? For example if I have one TAOR, and have an occupation force place units in the military and civilian locations for that TAOR, how can I make an insurgency spawn in one or two civilian locations without placing down another TAOR and placements modules?

6) When the CQB module is synced to an asymmetric commander, does the CQB spawn AI in areas when the asymmetric force captures the location? Also if the CQB is set to dominant, will the security forces also spawn in CQB locations with the CQB module synced to the asymmetric commander?

2. 1) How long does it typically take for the asymmetric faction to place IED's when synced? I've heard others saying that it can take a while but so far I've never seen IED'S, Suicide Bombers and VBIED's when synced to the AI Commander.

This can highly depend on hostility values. VBIED's are extremely rare, but very deadly. Suicide bombers are also a fairly rare occurrence.

2) Civilians. I've noticed that with debug on, sometimes Civilian debugs are yellow as opposed to green. Does this indicate anything special?

Yellow indicates a growing hostility towards the player

3) Another question regarding civilians. I've seen civilians via the debug have the getWeapon function, but they walk close and never go and pick up a weapon. Is this due to hostility or an error on my part for not setting up the module correctly?

Their actual behavior depends on many factors such as nearby enemy count, nearby friendly count etc.

4) Do AI recognise installations and take them out? I always see installations pop up around the map from time to time. Is this due to AI spotting them and if so, do they have the ability to attack them?

Installations must be destroyed by players. Finding intel and (occasional intel depending on C2ISTAR settings) will occasionally reveal installations.

5) How can I make an insurgency start in one area without creating more placement modules and another TAOR? For example if I have one TAOR, and have an occupation force place units in the military and civilian locations for that TAOR, how can I make an insurgency spawn in one or two civilian locations without placing down another TAOR and placements modules?

There really isn't another way around this, unless you want to manually place units, you'll need another placement module and at least another TAOR or Blacklist.

6) When the CQB module is synced to an asymmetric commander, does the CQB spawn AI in areas when the asymmetric force captures the location? Also if the CQB is set to dominant, will the security forces also spawn in CQB locations with the CQB module synced to the asymmetric commander?

Yes and Yes, you have it completely correct.

3. Ah okay thank you :)

4. I also have another question. Do the civilian modules need to be synced to the asymmetric commander? I never see civilians sabotaging objectives or walking into recruitment hq's (not sure if this is due to hostility or not)

5. Civilian modules (Placement and population) don't get synced to anything.

6. So it could be down to hostility? I've never seen civilians try and attack anyone. I've seen a couple of civilians have suicide belts but haven't blown them up or used them to place explosives.

7. It's definitely a rare occurrence... you can try cranking the hostility settings up to Extreme and see if they react any quicker/more often. Having personally been blown to smithereens by a hostile civilian I can confirm it does work ;)

8. I usually have civilian hostility set to extreme, then you start to see things like this happen (my situational awareness was so bad for this :P )

9. Oh and they also do this if you're not careful

10. Looks like they can be quite the nuisance! Also in terms of installations, when a civilian is recruited, does this spawn another insurgent or does this have the civilian carry out a task for the insurgents? I've yet to see a civilian walk into a hq and have witnessed a civ get a suicide belt from an insurgent but not seen any walk into installations and pick up a weapon etc.

11. It can be both ;)

or Sign Up to reply!