Map Indexing failing (due to dewrp?)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

do you have a link to the GitHub thing you mention?

3. https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS

4. runway question...blacklist? don't want airplanes spawning on runway. Will that make runway inoperable to player combat support cas elements?

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I never classify the runway road object. I always blacklist them because lots of maps clutter it up with garbage (which would cause explosions) and players can just add their own in the editor.

Maybe that’s not “correct” but I index a lot of maps and never had anyone complain.

6. what does this mean? This is from the rpt. I also had a red box that popped up real fast, but this was the info in that red box. And now I am sitting here with a picture of a research pod and arma isn't doing a darn thing!

15:04:26 [ALIVE] (fnc_strategic) ERROR: Assertion failed! x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\fnc_consolidateClusters.sqf:49
    15:04:26 Assertion (count _master > 0) failed!
    15:04:26 count _master: 0
    15:04:26 0: 0

7. IT MEANS SOMETHING WENT HORRIBLY WRONG! IT’S BIG AND SCARY AND RED!!!!

Honestly it’s the most alarming harmless error I’ve ever seen. :) It happens on most maps. You’re good.

8. Deleted 6 years ago by cbff33
  9. Well something has gone wrong. Did the test and nothing. No military site no civ sites found. Checked those cluster files and nothing at all generated. should I redo it?

10. Hmm. I don’t know a whole lot about the file structure, but if I had to guess, when you saw that error, the clusters were already being written to the file.

I’m guessing you haven’t put the index into the mission properly. In the @ALiVE folder, you’ll see an indexing folder. In that will be a folder for the map. In that is a folder called x.

Put the x folder inside your mission root - the same place the mission.sqm is.

11. If you did this, can you post the index here? Zip up the whole thing and put the zip on Dropbox and put the Dropbox link here.

12. I did that. And when I ran the test I got the dreaded no mil or civ sites found. Checked the clusters in the in the different x folders in the mission folder, and nothing had generated on the cluster sqf's. Checked them in the alive folder and definitely did not generate. I've got time. I am going to reindex one more time. If I fail again I will zip rpt and log file and provide the link.

13. Did you categorize the objects? Did those write to the file? If so, place the index back in the ALiVE indexing folder, and just delete everything else except the main folder inside the index (pretty sure that’s the one, not home right now to verify), select no for object categorization, and let it regenerate the sector data and see if it writes this time.

14. Ooooooh. You know what the problem could be...

I bet the objects in the file got cut off. This is a known issue with larger maps that’s fixed for next release.

Post the index here and I’ll check in a couple hours.

15. ^ Or you can check. Look and see if in the file if all the arrays are complete and closed. I’m guessing it’s not (probably civilian).

16. I've got colored circles and dots popping up while doing another index. What do the black dots represent again? I got green, yellow, blue, red, black dots.filling the map

17. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Not sure exactly. Like I was saying, if you categorized the objects, it’s probably cut off. Can you check? I think it’s in the index’s “main” folder. You’ll see alll the objects you classified in their respective categories (it’s all in the same file). I bet the civilian array is cut off.

18. Black is civ....I just ran the test, and all of a sudden I died. the map is alive. I think I have indexed this pup successfully. I am gonna package it up and send it to you guys.

19. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah that’s fine. We’ll review it, give it a test run, and commit it for release if it works. Thanks for doing it! As you can see it’s not exactly fun indexing maps so it’s nice someone else has taken interest.

20. Well this was my first time. And I chose a big map. But I found it a few days ago, flew around in Eden, and once I saw the layout, I knew this was a perfect map for ALiVE. And when I saw it was not indexed, but the guy who started this post didn't appear to have a working index, I decided to get stupid and try. Setup was a pain, but it all now seems to be working nicely. I may try to tackle some other ones! Thanks for you help. I hope this is a success!

21. I posted it in the mission template forum.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!