Headless ai integration

1. 5 years ago

I might be dumb but I couldn't find the answer. Does alive natively process ai and put them on headless clients or do I need an outside mod? I know the last time I used the mod I had to use wertless headless ai.

2. Edited 5 years ago by AngusDLX

Yes all handled by ALiVE.

All you need to do:

1) Change in ALiVE (Required) the AI distribuition to Headless Client.

2) Place HC located in virtual entities and set to playable and give a name HC

Done! :D

3. Sorry if ignorant question, still learning the in/outs of running Arma server. Does the server have to be setup as Headless Client or everything is on Alive's end?

4. Edited 5 years ago by TPM

@DrDetroit Sorry if ignorant question, still learning the in/outs of running Arma server. Does the server have to be setup as Headless Client or everything is on Alive's end?

You will need to:

• create the headless client on your server or another PC
    • add the HC modules(i can't remember the actual name) to your mission.
    • make sure your server.cfg file has the details setup correctly.
    // HEADLESS CLIENT
    headlessClients[]  = {"127.0.0.1"};    // list of IP addresses allowed to connect using headless clients; example: {"127.0.0.1", "192.168.1.100"};
    localClient[]      = {"127.0.0.1"};    // list of IP addresses to which are granted unlimited bandwidth; example: {"127.0.0.1", "192.168.1.100"};

- create a profile folder for your headless client and make sure that these details are in a bat file or launcher parameters along with any server details, eq password.

I think that is it from memory.

5. Thank you good sir!! Much appreciated!

Good day!
    DrDetroit

or Sign Up to reply!