Arty trouble.

1. 5 years ago

Having a new issue out of the blue. Arty placed on the map and spawned through the module, connected to the player combat support keep driving off and attacking enemies. Never had this issue. tested it with vanilla OPFOR arty and it keeps happening. Using VCOM AI but not for the eastern side.

2. I had the same issue at times. So I manually placed the arty, sync to combat support module. Then remove the driver, arty will not move any longer.

3. Which version of VCOM are you two using?

4. I'm using 3.0. I think it is the most current on github.

5. Even with V-com turned off, I noticed the arty moving to engage if they are under attack.

6. V-com with Alive is troublesome at best.

7. @Cobra I'm using 3.0. I think it is the most current on github.

Looks like VCOM 3.0 changed the variable used to disable AI. Another user suggests using the following

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

@Cobra Even with V-com turned off, I noticed the arty moving to engage if they are under attack.

ALiVE does not disable the AI stuff on artillery units so this is the expected behavior code-wise.

8. The problem is not VCOM it is the fact that an attack order doesn't really mean use a gun and shoot from several kilometers away. It means go up to them and shoot them when you get into visual range. In order to make them stay somewhere you have to remove drivers and basically disable the vehicles.

or Sign Up to reply!