Am I?
    BI Studio Wiki - CfGMagazines
    Class: SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag
    Name: Explosive Satchel
    Inventory Description: Type: Charge, Rounds: 1, Used on: Ground, Vehicles
    Ammo: SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo
    Used By: Put

Same goes for DemoCharge.

What is the "killer"? The "Weapon/Mag" or the "Bullet/Ammo"? Or is it the Firing Device (Ace3)?

Edit: Maybe I'll try to Play with the eventHandler Explosion a bit:
    Triggered when a vehicle or unit is damaged by a nearby explosion.
    Since it is kinda strange to shoot the box with a tank or grenade and not get any results other than raining building parts.

3. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS
    DemoCharge configfile class  "DemoCharge_F"
    SatchelCharge configfile class "SatchelCharge_F"

DemoCharge inventory class  "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag"
    SatchelCharge inventory class "SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag"

DemoCharge after plant on the ground class  "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo"
    SatchelCharge after plant on the ground class "SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo"
  4. Ok. So it would be the _Ammo which does the damage. Any idea why it is not working? It's kinda depressing to blow up a new Grand Canyon and see the box unharmed in it.

5. Post your script that we can look into it.

6. It is from Hazeys Insurgency. File is fn_spawnCache.sqf.

//--- Add event handlers to the cache
    //--- Handle damage for only Satchel and Demo charge.
    CACHE addEventHandler ["handledamage", {
    	if ((_this select 4) in ["SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","SatchelCharge_Remote_Ammo_Scripted","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo_Scripted"]) then {

(_this select 0) setdamage 1;
    		//--- Event handler to call explosion effect and score.
    		(_this select 0) spawn INS_fnc_cacheKilled;

} else {

(_this select 0) setdamage 0;

}}];
    //--- End of event handlers
  7. Try this one

CACHE addEventHandler ["handledamage", {

params ["_box","_selection","_damage","_damager", "_ammoType"];

if (_ammoType isKindOf "PipeBombCore") then {

_box setdamage 1;
    		_box spawn INS_fnc_cacheKilled;

} else {

_box setdamage 0;

};
    }];
  8. @SavageCDN

Guys over on BIS forums are looking for clarification if Hazey released the license of the mission and/or what the release stipulations are.

Could you clarify?

9. "PipeBombCore" ?
    Should I change that to something else or is it really that exact class-type?

10. PipeBombCore is a parentclass for both charges

11. Good to know. Will Test it asap and report back.
    Thanks for now :)

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Murdock, if you get a functioning template going, could you post it back here? I'm assuming it's added with scripts and called in the mission files? I've got a couple missions which I think would play better centered around this template.

13. I'm using the Template from Hazeys Insurgency.
    But I will so god will post my Mission some time sooner or later.
    Need to polish out some more bugs and add some shiny things, then translate some things to english (some of my colleagues don't understand english that well, so I made all briefings in german) and then I'll Show that precious Little Thing to the world.
    Until then, you will just have to wait, @HeroesandvillainsOS 

14. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

@HeroesandvillainsOS  answered on BIF post

15. @Murdock I'm using the Template from Hazeys Insurgency.
    But I will so god will post my Mission some time sooner or later.
    Need to polish out some more bugs and add some shiny things, then translate some things to english (some of my colleagues don't understand english that well, so I made all briefings in german) and then I'll Show that precious Little Thing to the world.
    Until then, you will just have to wait, @HeroesandvillainsOS 

I can be patient. :)

And thanks Savage.

16. Hazey

28 Apr 2016 Moderator

@Murdock Hej

Not quite sure if this is the perfect place for it, but I'm trying to put hazeys insurgency framework over my mission.
    The intel search works nicely. Call to prayers works too, although I am not quite able to blow it up. The speakers are gone, but it still plays the tune.

Call to Prayer was something that I had just started working on before I took a step back for awhile. I bet I never added a variable to stop the music when the Speaker was destroyed. Should be a simple fix.

@Murdock Then I tried to change the box-type. Then it worked, I found a box in the area provided by intel. Put down a satchel, blew it up, nothing happened. Tried with another 4 satchels and 3 big charges. Nothing left of the building, but the box is still there.

Destroying the Caches with Satchels or Charges has always been the bane of my existence with this script. I tried a lot of different things however it did work at one time. It could simply be the changed the way the event handler get handled in the latest versions. In the end, I wanted the cache to be able to be destroyed by most explosive types including aircraft bombs. Never got around to really working that out.

17. Edited 7 years ago by Murdock

@DaVidoSS Try this one

CACHE addEventHandler ["handledamage", { params ["_box","_selection","_damage","_damager", "_ammoType"]; if (_ammoType isKindOf "PipeBombCore") then { _box setdamage 1; //--- Event handler to call explosion effect and score. _box spawn INS_fnc_cacheKilled; } else { _box setdamage 0; }; }];

Did try, did not work. :(

Okay.
    I made it! It works:

CACHE addEventHandler ["explosion", {

params ["_box","_damage"];

_box setdamage 1;
    		_box spawn INS_fnc_cacheKilled;

}];

The caches is not destroyed by bullets.
    It is not destroyed by grenades (at least EGLM, that was tested).
    But it is definetly destroyed via demo charge.

18. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

I have just test this, handle damage eventhandler works out of the box. I do not knew why its not working for you i think there is something else going on.

VIDEO

Destroying the Caches with Satchels or Charges has always been the bane of my existence with this script. I tried a lot of different things however it did work at one time. It could simply be the changed the way the event handler get handled in the latest versions. In the end, I wanted the cache to be able to be destroyed by most explosive types including aircraft bombs. Never got around to really working that out.

Why then you limited it to only pipe bombs, checking given damage (>= 1) would be enough.

19. I edited my previous post, didn't see you posted already. @DaVidoSS

20. 6 years ago

Hey guys.
    Apologies if I'm breaking the rules by digging up an old thread but this kind of fits the bill and didn't want to start a new one unnecessarily.

I've just paid for a dedicated server and it's all up and running great. I use Alive, ace, project opfor and RHS AFRF and USAF and have an insurgency mission running with Hazeys intel and ammo script.

My problem is, to start with, I'm the only one that can pick up the intel, other players don't have the option. Then if I leave the server and come back later, I can no longer pick up the intel either.

I'm trying to learn to script so I understand what's going on but it's taking a while so wondered if anyone could shed some light.

Thank you kindly for any help!

21. Friznit

23 Sep 2017 Administrator

Unfortunately Hazey's insurgency has all sorts of custom non-ALiVE stuff and as far as I know hasn't been updated in ages, so it's very unlikely we'll be able to help unless you can pin the issue down to something very specifically related to ALIVE.

or Sign Up to reply!