Units only spawn when module is debugged? (SOLVED)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Sheeps

Wow. Great thread. I can see @SpyderBlack723 is going to see even more errors when he looks through my mission file:-/

I shall get tweaking and try to tidy my mission later. It takes forever to load so must be full of errors!

I' need to start by changing my two matching civ modules.
    @HeroesandvillainsOS have you removed one or just changed the settings in one so they differ?

I hope CUP kick out ME Civs soon!

I love this community. What s top bunch:-)

3. @sheeps I tried changing the settings in one of the two I had and the same behavior occurred. Right now I'm down to one module in all my missions and it seems fixed but I'm still paranoid about it coming back so although I consider this solved, I'll need another day or two to really know for sure.

4. Cool I shall ditch one.

Cheers

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I should have clarified, Sheeps. I have not tested the effect of two modules with vanilla. I'm personally feeling like this specific issue is not caused by any one thing, but a culmination of mission start errors that cause ALiVE to fail to initialize properly. Now, why debugging makes the civ obj module work correctly when this happens I have no clue.

But, based on Highhead's advice - to eliminate startup errors by removing unnecessary mods and removing duplicate civ population modules - the problem *seems* to go away. So I suspect it was all of the above done in tandem which made this problem occur but again, I've yet to test the duplicate modules theory independently.

6. No it's cool. I got that pal. I'm just trying to make mine work better too. Takes a life time to load and is no doubt full of errors:(

7. I'd personally start by removing some of those dependencies man. See the other thread. I haven't heard of half of those mods. Not saying they are an issue because I haven't seen the mission yet though.

8. Ye I know. I'm trying to work my way through them and ditch some.

9. Friznit

4 May 2016 Administrator

Well.....VCB uses ARP2 and has no issues with ALiVE.

10. What's VCB and ARP2?

11. Friznit

4 May 2016 Administrator

VCB is a milsim group I run at volcbat.com - not unsurprisingly we run a lot of ops with ALiVE since I happen to be rather fond of the mod! ARP2 is a mod that adds a load of small objects in the mission editor to add flavour to custom missions.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Again, like I said above, I don't mean to imply at this point that ARP2 objects is the cause of this particular issue. Although removing it (and thus its 'scope' startup error) temporarily fixed the problem, it came back, leading me to believe a multitude of startup errors and duplicate processes were the culprit.

This is just a guess on my end but I also won't deny that ARP2 definitely causes initial loading screen issues and also load time problems as well (those went away for good by just dropping the dependency). So while not inherently incompatible, it has its issues and I'd still deter people from using it if their missions aren't super clean from the get-go. This is just based on my observations from how my missions were effected by it.

13. Ah cool cheers for the explanation @Friznit

14. highhead

4 May 2016 Administrator

maybe only certain objects are bugged - the errors broke the ALiVE init process though.

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah seems like it.

That whole Kunduz mission needs a rework anyway. The editor won't allow me to place objects where I want them, but only in an approximation of the general vicinity (which is obviously horrible for building your own base). Meaning, I can place an object on let's say a 5x5 foot grid, but not exactly where they need to be.

So I definitely need to scrap any remnants of DonbassCZ's bases to hopefully get my editor performance up and either build my own (ugh. I usually do this anyway and I enjoy it but Kunduz needs them built from literally scratch) or wait for someone else to do it for me when custom compositions come to Workshop. I was hoping I could salvage at least part of his work but it bogs editor performance down to a crawl at times too.

Fortunately this thread helped me solve the problem in all of my missions which all use BIS assets so now they are actually pretty much done! :) Thanks Highhead. I really mean it that I appreciate the help a lot.

16. Meaning, I can place an object on let's say a 5x5 foot grid, but not exactly where I want them.

Did you try to disable surface snapping?

17. @DaVidoSS Did you try to disable surface snapping?

I did not! Had no clue you could do that. LOL! Thanks! Do you know offhand where I can do that? Under settings I'd presume?

18. Same here. Really appreciate the steer.

Said it a few times but I shall say it again. This A3 community is awesome. Can't be more helpful. Previously I made an Altis life server on the wishes of some clan members and found that community could be very cutting and unhelpful. There were some that would guide you but a lot that would just belittle.

19. highhead

6 May 2016 Administrator

we are all in this together :)

20. *big hug*

or Sign Up to reply!