Arty question

1. 7 years ago

First off outstanding work with this mod.

Now off to my question. With the AI arty for Combat Support, do the AI automatically resupply? I have been playing with this module a bit and seems that they run out of ammo. I have tried a few things to attempt to resuply them automatically when they run out of ammo. Ive attempted a trigger and even adding setvehicleammo to 1. Only thing that I have not tries as I'm not great at scripting yet is to make a script to give them unlimited ammo. Or is there something I am missing with the modules? I have looked at a few of the example missions and have set everything the same for the Combat Support Module. And the example missions are running out of ammo also on Arty.

Also is there an issue with mortars not working with the Combat Support Module? As they seem to respond to being called though they do not fire.

Thanks in advance!

2. I haven't used the arty much, but assuming it works like CAS, they absolutely will rearm themselves 100% automatically. I'm pretty sure it works on some sort of cycle but someone else would have to clarify. It may even be an automatic process upon RTB'ing. I'm not sure. I just know with 100% certainty CAS will resupply because I get a radio-chat message telling me as much.

3. You can set the amount of ammo (per type) for arty support so I'm going to guess that they do NOT re-supply automagically.. although I've never tested this myself. You could just bump up the initial numbers in the module (ie: the default is 30 rounds IIRC).

4. Hi Folks,

One follow up - does the artillery module allow you to put any artillery piece in that field and will it take into account the specs of the selected piece - or - is it just some generic value ? So a small squad mortar won't have the same range and effect as a howitzer ? Would anyone know of the appropriate values for RHS artillery ? I tried putting in the unit name listed in Eden and the piece did not visually show up - however - I could still call in fire support missions... It was the large Marine tracked artillery piece...

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott

5. That's the way it should work but I believe there are some CS bugs that are being worked on for next release and this is one of them. I've had issues getting the stock arty units to fire their max range... same with mortars. I don't know the exact values but I'd guess mortars should be 3-5km and arty upwards of 20km?

6. seems the perfect topic to talk about this:
    on my mission (dedicated server), i called a firemission of 24 rounds, and it shot only 8, then after a long wait it called for firemission end. i called another firemission, avaible shot 6, so used 6 shots, and fired only 2, same behaviour (after a less long wait it called for firemission end).
    is it bugged or what?

.....and how reload it only after a given time ?

thanks!

7. Yes there have been a few reports of this - Combat Support is getting some work done for the next update so hopefully this one gets crossed off the list :)

AFAIK you cannot reload CS assets however you can give them a lot of ammo in the module settings.

8. I'm seeing a x3 trend here.

9. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

So...just wait for fix ?

10. Yes the next ALiVE update should be out soon™ and there are some fixes for CS included.

11. hello!
    i just tested 1.1.0 ...i'm sad to say the arty bug still persist :(

12. Some real life stuff came up before I could do any meaningful work on the arty combat system. You can expect some fixes to system in the next (non-hotfix) release, hopefully. No promises though. :D

13. No prob ! Was just to let you know ! No hurry ! Keep up with this great work !!

14. hello! just for reference....in 1.1.1 arty bug still present!
    bye !

15. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

hello guys !

after some experiments i discorvered whats causing the problem !
    i was using a single arty vehicle, with all the code needed to make it work for alive as an arty.

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","ARTY"];this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","IronRain One"];this addEventHandler ["Fired",{(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}];

i tested with the arty module, and it spawn 3 arty tanks, and each one fire 1/3 of the shots (becasue there are other 2 artys firing) ...so its kinda correct !

my problem is that for performance reasons i wish to use one single arty tank to fire...so its there is way of do it right with 1 tank only?

i found another problem....i set 30 minutes for CS respawn (in combat support module).
    BUT... right after an arty fire mission is over (last shot landed) the arty is ready again to be used !
    i wish to pass some time from one firemission to another ! thanks !

16. The CS respawn for the Arty is just that "Respawn". It would only take effect if the unit was destroyed.

17. The only way to use one arty unit is to manually place it in the editor and use the code you mentioned in your post so that ALiVE recognizes it.

18. When you say the mission is over after your last shot, you're not talking about a mission complete/failed screen, right?

19. to Riley: ...so no way to limit it to 1 arty mission every X time ?

to Savage: yep i know, but in that way the shot number is bugged ! any idea to get the correct shot number?

to Heroes: no man, i just mean the arty fire mission ! the radio message say its over, and then arty is ready again !

20. no way to limit it to 1 arty mission every X time ?

No, ammo is supposed to be the limiter to unlimited fire missions.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!