ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. 7 years ago

I just want to say I ran in to the same situation earlier today as Heroes. I attempted to go back into my RHS Pirates an ad a URAL to transport a full squad around in. I got a popup very similar to his, and then game crashed.

Probably just something in the new Arma Patch.

2. Edited 7 years ago by ToTo

Thanks for the help! You're right, there seems to be some kind of problem with the R3F uniforms, as the reported bugs did not happen with a unit inherited from NATO and equiped with RHS gear (I should have tried that first). I'll mess around to find a fix...

EDIT: ok so in the autogen.hpp for my french faction, the 'uniformClass =' is entirely missing for every unit... No idea why. I guess I'll have to manually add it. The uniform content is in the code tho, but it has nowhere to go (yet).

EDIT 2: uniformClass manual correction worked for the uniform reversion problem in the DRO mission, but the uniforms are still empty. I give up for today. Heres's my autogen.hpp if anyone wants to check: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryexbvr16jp3g9y/autogen.hpp?dl=0

3. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

On a different note...Spyder; I was wondering earlier today if there was a plan to simplify the output of factions or the ability to save your work in order to resume it without having to reload all the previous stuff. Similarly to how we can save a mission file and reload it to work in it without starting over from scratch. I have gotten very good at reloading and typing faction names and classnames in the last few days but honestly don't have as much time now due to work and would love to get some game time in soon.

Thanks for the hard work and feedback on some of my other issues.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@ToTo With the latest workshop release I get this when trying to pack :
    https://i.imgur.com/WWiwamP.png
    The quad bike is the vanilla FIA one... And he can't read config.cpp?!? Wut?

This will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix. Stay tuned.

@Nichols On a different note...Spyder; I was wondering earlier today if there was a plan to simplify the output of factions or the ability to save your work in order to resume it without having to reload all the previous stuff. Similarly to how we can save a mission file and reload it to work in it without starting over from scratch. I have gotten very good at reloading and typing faction names and classnames in the last few days but honestly don't have as much time now due to work and would love to get some game time in soon.

Thanks for the hard work and feedback on some of my other issues.

Well normally you would just put your config inside an addon, load that addon and continue working. Obviously errors in the current build can prevent a proper export under certain conditions so that's not always possible. I can't import an exported config because parsing that in SQF would be suicide, but an SQF datastructured output that can be imported (but won't be usable in any other way) in the future is possible. It takes time though and right now there is other stuff to focus on (and time is hard to come by).

5. @imbazil. Restructuring RHS units literally takes 5 minutes now. Watch the videos Spyder posted. Simply highlight all of the "red" groups (RHS groups that dont work) hit edit then switch them to proper categories (infantry, motorized, etc.) That's it. Then just export the config, run it with RHS and the units will be configured for ALiVE. No need to change names, etc.

If you want to add other units, simply add them to the unit editor (new --> name unit --> import unit from whatever mod you use) then create a group for your new unit, export.

I'll post some of my newest orbats in the orbatron today. I have Russian Marines (VMF) fixed for ALiVE, as well as the RHS US Socom units.

6. @Friznit Would be great to see those in the faction repo linked in the OP. Some useful stuff being done!

Yup I'm adding those today Friz.

Wang...the downside is not being able to have them grouped at any time. I'd rather just pbo it and not have to place the config in 10 different mission description.exts.

FYI as well...I grouped the RHS GREF Chedakis and anyone who is doing the same..important note....RHS has both Independent AND Opfor versions. When you group them...they apparently have both in those groups...so....make sure you have IND set to friendly to OPFOR in missions using them or they'll start shooting each other.

7. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Aklis

I've been having trouble with the whole Undefined Base Class thing. I can't even say what causes it, because yesterday I had it working without any problems and today it's screwing up yet again. It seems like the issue is that when you import a unit from another mod, it sometimes forget to tack on "_OCimport_2" at the end of it, like this:

class B_US_Operator_DEVGRU_01 : B_Soldier_F_OCimport_02 {

Adding OCimport_02 manually to each of them doesn't work either.

EDIT: I remade it from scratch, checking that it managed to get the OCimport_02 every time I imported a new unit. It worked, but still no idea what causes it.

EDIT 2: It seems the issues start cropping up when you import units from the config. I wanted to tweak some stuff, but when I pack it again, I start getting error messages and invisible units and whatnot.

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS & @Tupolov:

THX for your fast response! I have found out that ORBAT also created a folder named "bw_afg_hist" (without the quotes ofc) in my ARMA root dirrectory. In this folder the file "script_component.hpp" does exist, but isn't detected for some reason. Simply renaming this "bw_afg_hist" folder to something else also stopped the error from popping up & I can now use the old @BW_AFG_HIST folder again.

Will do my faction in one go today with the recommended autogen method then.

BTW, is there a way I can add mod vehicles that don't have a side or a crew like the Reddiem Bundeswehr APC's/IFV's?

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210296-reddntank-vehicles/

Like, copying the code from a working APC entry and then change the classname to that of the Reddiem vehicle after exporting the faction which before exporting has other working APC or IFV classes (e.g. the BWMOD Puma & some vehicles from the BW Retex mods can be ORBATTED)?

9. 5 years ago

@SpyderBlack723 so I was playing around with ALiVE ORBAT creator today and I saw a few things that I don't remember from the past...Full Faction Export w/ pictures and those things. I am guessing those are new to the ORBAT creator and do they function the same way when you want to past your faction into the autogen.hpp and get the faction into your pbo?

10. @Nichols HOLY CRAP that is extremely unreadable in that state...can you just zip up the RPT and send it over? I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what that is EVEN by using ctrl-f to attempt to filter it.

Hello again! I tried today and yesterday to make a new faction by first doing a faction in the Faction screen, then import units from CSAT - OPF_F in the Unit screen.
    I then do a random outfit on like Riflemen and try to export faction.
    Now I get a error doing that. I put two screenshots of 2 different errors I get, and a zipped RPT here:
    https://gayunicorns.com/slask/
    Hope this helps!
    Have a nice friday!