Combat Support on Local vs Dedicated

1. 7 years ago

One sort of odd thing is that I have multiple Coombat Support Transports of the same type (eg multiple transport helicopters that are the same but with different callsigns). I notice that when I test the mission on my own machine they all appear under combat support perfectly, once its on the dedicated server however only one of each type appears and some dont appear at all (the physical helicopter is there but it doesnt show up under combat support and if I enter the vehicle I cannot talk to the pilot).

2. @Friznit ?

3. @marceldev89

4. @SavageCDN what did I do wrong? :D

@Opendome could be related to https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/108 . It doesn't sound the same but you never know. If adding the C2ISTAR module doesn't help open up a ticket at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/ and someone will pick it up. :)

5. Friznit

31 Oct 2016 Administrator

It's probably related to 108. One of my mission makers in VCB recently had an issue with CS not showing at all. Turns out he was copy/pasting all the ALiVE the modules from an older mission. Deleting them all and placing them down manually again fixed the problem.

CS definitely seems to prefer having C2ISTAR module placed though. They really should be fully integrated but we're waiting for @marceldev89 to finish updating Combat Spt ;)

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm having this issue too. Weird. Must be new-ish.

All my transport shows up perfectly in SP but on a dedi transport one loses the talk to pilot option and doesn't show up on the list.

7. Edited 7 years ago by yxman

got the same problem with the newest alive version (local was working perfectly, on dedicated arty/cas not spawning or insta exploding). solved it by deleting & replacing the modules.

8. Sorry yeah I mentioned this being the solution in a different thread. My bad.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Bamse

I'm having this issue aswell, but it appeared when updating from 1.2.0 to 1.2.2, so no copy & paste.
    All Combat Support units are placed using the "advanced" method and I've tried replacing the main Player Combat Support module with no effect. After that I tried replacing the C2ISTAR module to no effect either.
    Then I replaced all helicopters and artillery pieces and it basically just shifted which ones that did not show.

All my units are RHS units, but it didn't do any difference if deleting them and placing vanilla units instead.

All units are synced to both PCS and Virtual AI modules (due to the synced units not being virtualized setting).

Anyone got any ideas on what I can try next? :)

10. Hmm interesting so the issue has appeared with the 1.2.1 release. I'll "investigate". :)

11. Between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1/1.2.2 there hasn't been any major changes to the combat support module besides the "hybrid" CS_TYPE. I'll need a repro mission with just CBA and ALiVE. :)

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I tried making one and it worked just fine. I'm more than happy to post it here if someone wants to tinker with it and see if they can force the problem to occur.

13. Thanks for the quick replies!
    I'll gladly admit that I haven't tried it with just ALiVE and CBA. I'll see if I can get some spare time tomorrow evening (Europe time) and create a new mission tomorrow replicating as much as can be done without all the other mods' modules that I can from the current mission and see where it leads me. Then I'll reply if I find anything.
    Thanks again!

14. Finally got my thumb out of my posterior and made a repro mission, sorry for the delay.
    CBA 3.1.2.161105
    ALiVE 1.2.2.1611141

Mission file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/CO04_Alive_Test.Stratis.pbo (select Group Leader for ALiVE_tablet in backpack)
    Server rpt: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/arma3server_2016-11-16_18-37-54.rpt

Works 10/10 in SP and Local MP, for me the UH80's disappear under Transport but shows under CAS.

15. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Alright, can confirm that sometimes a UH80 disappears from the transport list. You can track the issue at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/170 . :)

16. Edited 7 years ago by Bamse

After the 1.66 update, this issue does not longer appear for us. Everything is showing 10/10 running:
    Arma3: 1.66.139494
    CBA: 3.1.2.161105
    ALiVE: 1.2.2.1611241

Clarification: running the same combination but with A3 1.64.whatevs-Stable still produced the error. It was right after the upgrade the error automagically vanished.

yay! :)

17. You just got #deamrA

18. This still happens for me. I have two CH-47s, callsigns Highway 1 and 2, and they won't pop up on a dedi, only when testing in editor or in singleplayer.

19. @dev614 can you try placing the combat support radio thing module before the transport modules and vice versa? Might help with pinpointing the issue.

20. I don't use transport/CAS modules, I manually place the unit and call the combat support stuff from the init. I could try using the modules if you think it'd help?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!