Accounting for Manually Placed Friendly Forces

1. 7 years ago

So a common issue I have when using ALiVE is placing garrisons. For example if the players are working out of Rhino on Clafghan, I'll put blufor AI in the towers, patrolling around the perimeter, etc. My issue is if I sync that group pulling "guard duty" to the Virtual AI, then they won't stay put, or might but will throw off the AI commander by never going to do what he tells them to do.

If I do NOT sync them, then the AI commander will treat the scenario like they don't exist, and place one of his own allotted groups to defend the area. However they will not take up smart static positions inside towers, or conduct themselves the same way I can manage with manual placement. (Not an ALiVE issue, that. Just pointing out that there is a benefit to manual placement)

I'd like to know if there's a way to get the commander to recognize these groups/units/vehicles as garrison or defending forces, and free himself up a few more groups to use for pushing objectives. If that is not currently possible, I'd like to open a dialogue about this as a potential feature for a future update.

2. Deleted 7 years ago by Runny
  3. One option would be to blacklist the area that you want to control manually so that the placement modules don't place units and/or objectives there.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Placement_(Military_Objectives)#Objective_TAOR_.26_Blacklists

4. but the areas are objectives. will blacklisting keep them from pushing on them?

5. @Docbuck but the areas are objectives. will blacklisting keep them from pushing on them?

I don't know the exact technical answer, but in my experience, if the area is blacklisted and the OPCOM is not made aware of any objectives within the marker, he won't try to attack it or occupy it.

I do this for some of my really important bases that insurgents would never have any business trying to fight for. I've never had them attempt to occupy them. Not once.

Though don't quote me on whether or not is is genuinely possible at any point in time for them to eventually get around to these areas. I've never personally seen it because OPCOM seems to be focused on their AO. So wait for a dev reply but I think you are safe.

6. Blacklist then place custom objective with no groups created there.

or Sign Up to reply!