Military Air Component Commander

1. 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

I am really excited to try out the new Military Air Component Commander. Any basic instructions on how this module works and what it needs to be synced to?

Could not find anything in the wiki.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. I tried it out last night before bed.

I "think" I did it right....I synced it to the Military AI Commander. It worked when I placed empty planes down. I love the new alarm when the pilot runs to the jet.

You may need to sync it to the Civ and Mil Objective module as well...not sure. It worked just syncing it to the overall Military AI Commander when I tested last night.

3. I believe that the Military Air Component Commander is an extension to OPCOM so syncing it with just the Military AI Commander should be fine.

4. So yeah.... this new Air Component Commander module.....
    -image-

Holy Shit is this thing badass. I launched a big ALiVE vanilla campaign on Altis...hopped in Zeus..and just sat back and watched for almost an hour.

I saw an A-10 chase down a Shikra Fighter and dogfight. I saw an F-18 attack a CSAT Armored Column. This thing is FREAKING AWESOME.

5. Friznit

24 Jun 2017 Administrator

We've not actually released yet, which is why there are no instructions out. PWS and ArmAholic decided to pick up on the github test build. But since you're playing with it, please report any bugs or balancing issues. One of the main concerns is that ground based air defense (GBAD) is too powerful and MACC will quickly run out of SEAD aircraft. A10's shouldn't really be dog fighting either!

To use, just plonk the MACC module down.

6. Tupolov

Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

No SEAD in test build... next release

7. Tupolov

Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

Current MACC conducts CAP and DCA missions only

Only need to sync MACC to OPCOM. Recommend creating an airspace marker and specifying it in the module Paramus. Create an airspace per side, try to avoid overlapping them or you quickly run out of aircraft.

8. @Friznit Yeah, it was definitely dogfighting. I would assume the reverse of what I saw and have the F-18 attacking the Shikra and the A-10 attacking the ground target.

Either way...very impressive stuff fellas, even in this early stage.

9. FYI Folks...

I'm building a Vanilla ALiVE Showcase mission for the Air module on Malden now. I should have it up on here for people to see how it works shortly. You'll need the latest Dev version of ALiVE that is posted on github of course.

10. @AUTigerGrad FYI Folks...

I'm building a Vanilla ALiVE Showcase mission for the Air module on Malden now. I should have it up on here for people to see how it works shortly. You'll need the latest Dev version of ALiVE that is posted on github of course.

Nice.

I'm planning on adding it to my Tanoa Showcase too. BLU and OPF will have ATO zones, while Syndikat still has an insurgency going without ATO in the east (this is what I'm thinking anyway).

I look forward to the mission AUTigerGrad!

11. Ok so small snafu on my Malden showcase...

I was using the USS Freedom as the base and everything was working great until the F-18s blew up at the catapult launches.

Only using CBA and ALiVE. I'll post the bug on github. Looks like it's gonna be pretty sweet though.

12. Edited 6 years ago by AUTigerGrad

I tried the same setup on Stratis and it worked great!! So it may just be an issue with Malden (similar to the exploding helos I reported on Github on Malden).

I'll finish up this Stratis Showcase for the ATO module then post on here.

13. Edited 6 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Ok, quick and dirty Air Showcase on Stratis.

There is a player controlled aircraft directly across from the player on the Freedom. Get to the air and go fight CSAT. All other aircraft are controlled by ALiVE. (No time for bells and whistles on this one, just purely a demo of how the modules work)

I'll expand on it with more time. Has a Zeus module for you to sit back and watch all the goodness too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejsg5wqio3ivz2r/ALiVE_Air_Showcase.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

14. Nice. Thank you.

15. @AUTigerGrad Need to post up a video of your shenanigans. One of my unit mates was telling me about watching your stream and it seemed glorious.

I'll try to grab the Dev build and try out your mission when I get home from work if possible.

16. @AUTigerGrad - I had problems getting AI aircraft to land on the carrier unless it was placed at the exact height and orientation that the object comes in. As soon as you lower it even slightly they will crash into the side of the carrier. Looks pretty, but probably not what you are after.

17. Tupolov

26 Jun 2017 Administrator

AI Landing aircraft is BIS code and not related to ALiVE.

If once landed the aircraft is not parked back to its spot correctly, then this would be an ALiVE issue.

18. Is there a page with general use instructions?

AU's mission and Tupolov's description just don't add up to really good understanding for me.

19. Friznit

28 Jun 2017 Administrator

On the ALiVE wiki (under Military)

20. Tupolov

29 Jun 2017 Administrator

Very rushed quick tutorial for you guys...

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!