Military Air Component Commander

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

When I choose to place my own empty aircraft does it have to be the same faction as the opcom? Or will it
    only draw aircraft from the classname of the opcom faction? I tried placing down some empty migs so that the independents could fly but Maac keeps on telling me no aircraft are available.

3. Friznit

30 Jun 2017 Administrator

Must be the same faction as in MACC module. I've been experimenting with CSAT in Mil Placement and AI Comd, with a synced MACC using AAF aircraft. Works fine.

4. Does this work with helicopters?

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Catchdog Does this work with helicopters?

No. Not the last I saw this discussed. I'm not much of a pilot so I haven't checked myself but pretty sure it's planes only.

6. Appears that the module does not work with UNSUNG, so I assume it does not work with custom vehicles at all?

Getting a continuous stream of "Aircraft not available", despite creating a custom faction for the aircraft being placed manually

7. Friznit

2 Jul 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Friznit

@Catchdog Does this work with helicopters?

Helicopters are not equipped for CAP or DCA, so they won't get used yet as those are the only capabilities available right now. Helis are great for Recce and CAS though, which are requests sent to MACC by the AI Commander. That's coming later.

@Burdy323 There's no reason why custom factions shouldn't work.

8. Deleted 6 years ago by Friznit
  9. Haven't had the chance to play with it yet, but if there isn't already, would it be possible to have respawn functionality built in? Something (seemingly) simple like the combat support with # of credits and time would be handy for long missions.

In that direction, if placing empty vehicles currently, would syncing them to a vehicle respawn module work? Assume not, or at least that they would need some manner of script to be handed off to the module each time they spawned?

10. @Friznit Could you check this then? Because for the life of me I cannot figure it out - just get loads of "Aircraft not available" messages until I place down a standard Blu_F aircraft.

https://ufile.io/63tp8 - the custom US aircraft faction I made for UNSUNG

11. Friznit

2 Jul 2017 Administrator

I don't have any of unsung downloaded so not really in a position to check. As long as the MACC module faction is the same it should work.

@BvB MACC aircraft will be resupplied via the Combat Logistics module, same as other units controlled by AI Commander. This isn't implemented in the live version yet.

12. @Friznit the MACC module spawns the pilots, but they never get in the aircraft, as a continuous stream of "aircraft not available" is played

13. Edited 6 years ago by SavageCDN

As usual, 3 steps ahead of me. Sooo what will the next winning lottery numbers be... :)

Sorry BvB I edited your post instead of replying to it... MOAR COFFEE!!
    - SavageCDN

14. I was thinking in regards to the issues I am having with custom (mainly UNSUNG) aircraft. Perhaps it is due to ALIVE not being able to detect what kind of purposed aircraft it is? In that case, is there anyway to categorize them e.g a line of code in the empty vehicles init?

15. Tupolov

4 Jul 2017 Administrator

I think you are correct... we check aircraft roles...

CAP/DCA aircraft require Air to Air missiles
    SEAD aircraft require Air to Ground missiles

16. A few Q's...

1. What exactly is the trick to placing the module such that it will auto populate hangars and such? I'm hit or miss in this regard.
    2. If a selection of aircraft are near the module and are appropriately virtualized, shouldn't the module use them (like the demo)? I use 3Den to place a selection of "empty" aircraft with A2A and A2G loadouts and sometimes it works and sometimes not (no aircraft available).
    3. Is there any way to respawn those aircraft if destroyed? Adding a respawn to them seems to goop things up.
  17. Tupolov

5 Jul 2017 Administrator
    1. Use Mil Placement modules to place air units across the map. As a backup use MACC to place air units too, this way you are ensured to get atleast 1 fixed wing and 1 rotary wing asset. Of course always ensure the faction has ARMED aircraft with A2A and A2G capability.
    2. Make sure that the aircraft are virtualized, turn on the module debug and check your RPT - this will tell you if aircraft are registered with MACC. The MACC will select the closest available aircraft to the CAP zone or DCA target.
    3. We are working on resupply function for air assets.
  18. Hey!
    So regarding the freedom and MACC,
    I created a custom faction with the Orbat tool, added the TeTeT F/A-18s. The pilots spawn, the air tasking is active but the pilots never run to the aircraft and they never teleport to the starting location like the black wasps do. So yeah, NATO faction and black wasps work fine.

Is the freedom only working with the black wasps at the moment? And is there something i can just change myself? Like if I un-pbo and change some line from the black wasp class name to the Super hornets?
    I'm thinking maybe they use unitplay or something and was only recorded with the black wasp so far.
    If so, no biggie, I'll just use the wasps...but maybe there's an easy fix.

Thanks in advance

19. Tupolov

18 Jul 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

Firstly, pilots don't run to aircraft on the carrier. BIS AI can't do that.

If pilots are spawned then that means the aircraft are registered with ATO.

In theory aircraft should be moved to the catapult... not sure why that wouldn't happen. Need to see ATO debug in the RPT. Does the alarm sound?

For carrier launch, we only support aircraft that are compatible with Arma 3 carrier operations. Not sure if TeTeT updated the F/A-18s to support that or not.

20. At work now so can't do anything right now.

But no alarm is sounding. The pilots just stand inside that little room.

Last time I tried landing an AI F/A-18 super hornet on the freedom it did find the dynamic airport and had the correct approach, but it didn't use the tail hook. And if it managed to land (with some help) it would taxi off the carrier. But it does take off fine. That was a few weeks ago, maybe it was fixed in the updated version of the mod.

Will try more when I get home. And with just ALiVE, CBA and F/A-18 loaded this time.

21. Tupolov

18 Jul 2017 Administrator

If no alarm, then it doesn't sound like the aircraft is being tasked.

Select debug in the ATO module, run your mission and wait for an ATO to be sent, then post the RPT.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!