ALiVE 1.2.0 doesnt spawn units!

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@DLEGION seems to work fine in SP :)
    -image-

@HeroesandvillainsOS he has only 1 mil objective set to objectives only. I think it's intended and shouldn't be the issue.

3. Exactly Marcel !
    ..so this game hates only me ? In fact i use TADST to run a dedicated server, but there should be no difference....

4. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Well there are a couple of options left:

• Delete all your mods and reinstall them (at least CBA and ALiVE)
    • Verify that the TADST server is using the same mod versions
    • Perhaps you're loading an old version of the mission that doesn't work (clean the mpmissions folder and re-export from the editor)
    • Luck :)
  5. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

thanks for the tips !
    what you mean with "verify TADST server is using the same mod version" ?
    being on same PC i supposed it was using the same version for sure! how check it ?
    CBA_A3 v 3.0.0 , ACE3 cannot be causing this becasue i tested without it :(

EDIT-----------------------------------
    thanks to your suggestion i noticed there is a new CBA version , 3.1.0 . i got it, and tested, no changes :(
    i tested from the editor....running the "singleplayer" from there....it dont spawn units in this mode too.
    i really have no idea what can cause this....and why it works for you. i'm using ARMA3 v1.64 .

may it be because i dont use RHS units?

6. I doubt that RHS has anything to do with it. Post the RPT here while testing in the editor/SP.

7. @marceldev89 @DLEGION seems to work fine in SP :)
    -image-

@HeroesandvillainsOS he has only 1 mil objective set to objectives only. I think it's intended and shouldn't be the issue.

That's the only module I opened. :( Of course the answer wouldn't be that easy.

8. Yeah heroes...sry if i didnt mentioned it....only 2 mil obj must spawn units, are the red one on the upper-right airport and the blu lower-right airport. They are set to spawn custom unit types ( like 2 onf , 7 mech, 1 armored, 1 spec ops ecc ) . really no ideas left

9. So just to be clear, it works in SP or no?

10. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

No

11. But marceldev89 says it works for him in SP. I'm confused. If that's the case, it has to be an out of date or corrupt mod.

I'd say nuke them all, redownload everything, and try again. If it works in SP, test in MP.

If it fails in MP, delete your TASDT profile and make a new one and try again.

12. heroes, for you it works in SP or MP (dedicated) ?
    anyway the screenshot is clear, for marcel89 it works as intended....so can be something on my side...my arma3 will take really looong time to re-download....and i still dont understand why it works with previous alive version....i fear it will not work just nuke & re-download....

13. Yeah in SP units are spawning for me. See the profile counter in the photo below. It's 22 vs 24. Though oddly, when I originally spawned in, I couldn't move. I had to change my playable character to a different guy in the editor then I could move around no problem. Cool UI by the way for the side mission stuff by the way! :)

I did rename your mission because I'm not a big fan of dashes and numbers. Doubt that's the problem at all but worth a try I guess. I'd say realistically you need to redownload your mods.

-image-

14. Yes, being an MP mission i set a player as an ai with "disableai move " . thats normal.
    I already re-downloaded alive and cba ... Next step is nuke&redownload the whole arma3 ! Will try rename the mission folder first ...but im sure it will not work !

Anyway....really thanks for your help guys....i really appreciate, you're great !!

15. One thing to check. I did not.

I had a bug in one of my missions where when I launched the game, and played the mission, no units would spawn. BUT...

If I pressed esc back into the editor, and pressed play AGAIN, units would spawn just fine. Weird right?

Can you try that? If so, I may have a solution but you won't like it.

16. I think today's A3 hotfix addresses the disableAI move weirdness.

17. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

hello guys...@savage, the "disable AI move" was intended. no strange behaviour here :)

@heroes , i tried, and seems not my case...it doesnt work anyway :(

...anyway i found a sort of solution, by placing units "by hand" in editor, and linking them to virtualAI module. seems that virtual commander takes control of them...at least when they are virtualized !

any suggestion / known issue to use this method instead of objective modules spawning units?

18. Tagged the wrong savage ;)

19. Haha yeah I remember that guy. Wish he would have hung around because that was pretty hilarious.

20. @DLEGION I don't have any ideas at this point. If it wasn't for it working for me and marceldev, I'd say it was a script breaking the mission initialization. Or probably more likely, an out of date ALiVE/Arma/CBA file. But seeing as you tried that too I have no clue man.

21. Yeah i agree....its a total nosense....old version works, that really makes me disappointed ! Mah !
    Well...for now i will place units by hand...seems to work , we ll see with next patch ! Huge thanks for the help guys , you re great !!

Ah the offer is always up...if you want to play this mission with me on my server let me know...i m sure it will be fun !!

or Sign Up to reply!