ALiVE Singleplayer

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Not sure honestly. Persistence needs to be set in quite a few places. ALiVE Required, Data, Player Data, Virtual AI, C2ISTAR (if you use it) and a few others as well have options to save features to the database.

I recommend taking your time and going through them all one by one reading each line in each module carefully.

If you want to test persistence in general, and maybe see an example of what a mission that uses it looks like, all of mine in the User Mission area on BIS forums are set to persist out of the box.

3. Also, if his mission is saving everything other than player position, it's possible he has it set to no in one of the modules (can't recall which one it is, I think it's Player Data?).

4. So I can't get player persistance to work.

If Alive Markers and Mission time is saved between sessions, does that mean I've set the server up properly and it's a mission/other problem, or could I have botched something in the process?

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If your profile is being loaded, and your markers and mission time are persisting, I'd say your mission is continuing just fine.

Very strange your location isn't though. I haven't loaded a persistent save in awhile. I'll check for you and report back but it will be a couple days (I'm starting over my mission again lol).

Anyone else care to chime in?

6. Ok so I loaded a persistent save and my player position worked just fine.

In TADST, on the first tab, there's a box (I think) that says persistence or something similar. If you have that checked, uncheck it.

Otherwise, post the mission file and I can take a quick look.

7. Yeah, persistance is unchecked.

Here's a mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1bmhek5fp7uwlg/Dual_Factions_Example.RAR?dl=0

If you could be bothered, could you make a mission that has working persistance for you (vanilla Arma)?

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Easy Yeah, persistance is unchecked.

Here's a mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1bmhek5fp7uwlg/Dual_Factions_Example.RAR?dl=0

If you could be bothered, could you make a mission that has working persistance for you (vanilla Arma)?

What are the requirements here for your mission? Just ALiVE and CBA?

Regarding a vanilla mission, I do have something on Altis but it's not up to my "release" standards. I'd need to make some edits to it before I felt comfortable putting my seal of approval on it. And I haven't opened it in about 2 months. Though if you want to take it over, I can still give you the link (and it would require Spyder Addons). What's wrong with the mission you're making? Is it that you're not comfortable enough yet with ALiVE to make your own?

What kind of mission are you looking for? I don't know your personal situation and if mods are possible for you, but I have some excellent missions that are very much feature complete you can play/learn from in the editor right now if you just get some mods.

If my insurgencies don't appeal to you, and if you like something more conventional and European, I have a mission on Chernarus that uses RHS/Project OPFOR that I think you'd like too.

9. Yeah, just Alive and CBA.

I'm not looking for a playthrough experience, just something where persistance works so I know if I have a mission problem or back end problem.

10. I can figure that out just by looking at your mission. I'll do my best to check it out later after work.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Can you please wrap it up as a 7zip file or post the PBO directly? For whatever reason I can't open the rar file and I don't feel like downloading any new programs.

I'm more than happy to look for you. For whatever reason I can't extract this.

12. Download winrar trial version (lasts forever), incredibly lightweight and easy to use.

13. @SpyderBlack723 Download winrar trial version (lasts forever), incredibly lightweight and easy to use.

Based on Easy's posts, I'm going to assume this is a description.ext issue (if not, maybe I'll download WinRAR :) ). Aside from enabling player position saving in the mission within the editor itself, what exactly is required in the mission files to persist player position? Just respawnOnStart = -1; ?

Easy, here is an example of what I use in my description.ext file:

respawn = 3;
    respawndelay = 15;
    respawnDialog = 1; 
    respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};  
    respawnButton = 0; 
    disabledAI= 1;
    respawnOnStart = -1;

This means, when I die I'll get to select which of my respawn_west markers I'll respawn at, that there's a 15 second delay before getting to choose the marker which I'll respawn, and that when the mission restarts, I'll spawn where I saved.

disabledAI you can ignore, but it just means that none of the player slots will be filled with AI if not taken by a human.

Anyway, put something like that in a file with notepad and save it as description.ext

Then put the description.ext file in your mission root, where your mission.sqm is.

14. Thank you for posting this. Like Easy, I have a baby at home and single player is my only outlet at the moment. I followed through the steps thus far, and my server is almost perfect. The only remaining problem is respawning on log-in, which HeroesandvillainsOS's 'description.ext' should fix.

15. Let us know if that works for you Sternum.

16. Following-up, I've found that if I do an 'Admin Server Save & Exit,' I don't get player persistence, but if I do a 'Player Exit' without saving the server, I do. This is fine with me, as I tend to return to my FOB between sessions without much exception, and I can just keep the server running in the background if I need persistence.

17. Something is wrong with your setup then. You absolutely should be getting player location persistence assuming you have everything setup correctly. Post your mission and mod requirements and I'll take a look for you when I have a sec.

18. @Sternum: You can combine both saving methods. I do that in the sense that I do first a player save from the ALiVE interaction menu, then a server save&exit from the menu accessible via esc key. I have full player persistence AND overall mission progress persistence that way. Works every time recently ;-)

19. Thanks for the tips! Saving the player via the ALiVE interaction menu before saving the server works sometimes, but not consistently.

I've just been running two scenarios based off of the Stratis basic template and Operation Landlord. The only add-ons used are Spyder's recruitment and vehicle spawner mods. Here are the files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7888410/arma/operationLandlord.Altis.zip
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7888410/arma/ALiVE_assaultOnStratis_002.Stratis.zip

or Sign Up to reply!