Map Index humble request

1. 7 years ago

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/200913-x-cam-taunus-version-10/

Could someone who knows what they are doing be so kind as to index the new x-cam map? I can get to it some time soon if not, just never done it before and the map is AMAZING.

2. That map is going to be great, however it's current build is unplayable. It severely needs optimization and decluttering. It could stand to lose about a million trees/shrubs/ground clutter pieces to help it out.
    Not to mention the glass and doors need work, and the doorbells really don't need to be in a non-RP version of the map.

It is a stunning map to be sure, and I can't wait until it is in a more playable state.

I am running an i56600K, EVGA 1070FTW 8GB vidcard, and 16GB DDR2133 (OC@3000), and Taunus makes my game lock up after about 20 minutes on it. I mean, completely lock up so that I have to restart my computer.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yikes. I have a slightly worse computer so I don't like my chances. Has anyone tried it with 64-bit? Doubtful but I wonder if it will make performance even remotely better or more stable?

4. I have not tried it out with 64 bit. It would help immensely I am sure though.

5. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

I tried it out on the 64-bit build for a bit the other day and it seemed to run fine. The map likes to spam the RPT though and loading takes ages.. :(

Specs for good measure.. ^^
    i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz
    16GB DDR3 something something
    AMD R290 4GB GPU

6. Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

I use 64 and it works great. best map in the game imo. Not saying it's done... not done at all. The issues ski mentioned do exist. However the biggest issue, amount of objects, is effectively null and void on x64. And even not being done, it's absolutely amazeballz

For good measure, my PC is a beast. Will leave it at that lol.

7. Edited 7 years ago by mangos64

After more than 3 days of full time doing this. Im Kinda done. when indexing had to go to x64 as arma 3 used 12 gb of ram cus of the object size. Arma would crash after 500 objects cartogizing. Luckly i was able to add 1500 object types to the blacklist such as walls and billboards. my ts is ts.tombstonegaming.com
    http://prntscr.com/dydn4w
    http://prntscr.com/dydn9f

8. Friznit

21 Jan 2017 Administrator

That looks like it has completed indexing? Do you have the indexed files or is it crashing before completion? I'm having similar out of memory problem with some other very large maps (e.g. Kidal), which I hope x64 will resolve.

Either way, would be useful to add the blacklist objects to the master list. Please can you put in a pull request, or send them to me and I'll add them.

Working my way through the backlog of reindexing maps and any news ones I can crack at the moment. Do please let me know if you pick any up so we don't duplicate effort!

9. Done. It all works. Ai spawn and the lot :) Had to fix up a few errors int he data. The Crossroads array would keep messing up and not finishing and closing it self.

How ever still getting this. May reindex with a differnt map bound as tuplov suggested to me. Just gotta download x64 again
    http://pastebin.com/k6knKH2G

10. @Friznit That looks like it has completed indexing? Do you have the indexed files or is it crashing before completion? I'm having similar out of memory problem with some other very large maps (e.g. Kidal), which I hope x64 will resolve.

Working my way through the backlog of reindexing maps and any news ones I can crack at the moment. Do please let me know if you pick any up so we don't duplicate effort!

@Friznit I'm super glad to hear you're working on these Friz. I wish I could help but I've given up trying to index after what feels like my 12th attempt to get it working on my rig.

REALLY hope you can get Kidal indexed as it is awesome and very unique. Need more African maps to battle on.

11. Friznit

23 Jan 2017 Administrator

Just need that x64 so it doesn't out of mem error halfway through indexing

or Sign Up to reply!