Ai difficulty

1. 6 years ago

I'm not using any ai mods besides alive.
    Do i need to place the ai difficulty module for the ai to use the alive ai?
    Also does placing it set their settings or does it have default settings it uses without it being placed?

2. Don't use the AI Skill module. It hasn't been updated in forever. ALiVE doesn't touch low level AI at all, so it will use vanilla AI, unless you're using an AI mod such as ASR or VCOM.

3. I guess I'm wrong on the AI Skill module. You don't need to use it but you can.

4. Should i use an ai mod then?

5. It's totally up to you. I like vanilla, others like ASR or VCOM. It's completely a personal preference.

6. I've used all of them, including vanilla, and I prefer VCOM AI for a few reasons....

1. It can be run as a script which means players DON'T have to have it active as a mod. Server side only = less mods for players.

2. VCOM does an excellent job of utilzing static weapons

3. VCOM does a very nice job of using Artillery, both mortar crews and self propelled artillery. Units will coordinate even from long range to bombard a target.

4. The creator of VCOM plays with our group regularly, so he has gotten very familiar with ALiVE and the "wishlist" we have. He's working hard to continue to improve how VCOM works with ALiVE. It works great as of now.

7. \

@AUTigerGrad I've used all of them, including vanilla, and I prefer VCOM AI for a few reasons....

1. It can be run as a script which means players DON'T have to have it active as a mod. Server side only = less mods for players.

2. VCOM does an excellent job of utilzing static weapons

3. VCOM does a very nice job of using Artillery, both mortar crews and self propelled artillery. Units will coordinate even from long range to bombard a target.

4. The creator of VCOM plays with our group regularly, so he has gotten very familiar with ALiVE and the "wishlist" we have. He's working hard to continue to improve how VCOM works with ALiVE. It works great as of now.

Thank you very much for your response

8. I've been wanting to use VCOM with ALiVE, but it seems the combat support/transport helicopters always take off on their own. Really bugging me.

9. Friznit

20 May 2017 Administrator

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#VCOM_AI:_How_can_I_stop_VCOM_taking_over_my_CAS_Units.3F

10. Damnit! One more thing you are getting me to install and try! lol I currently use ASR but I think it is lacking the artillery combat. I'll try VCOM out too. Thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!