Has anyone else noticed Battle Casualty Replacements/Logistics slowly starting to fail over time?

1. 6 years ago

So I've noticed a trend in several of my assymetric campaigns.

Blufor Battle Casualty Replacements will work fine for the first portion of the campaign...but over the duration of the campaign and after several server saves/loads, etc. it appears that Blufor no longer reinforces their battle casualty replacements.

I've attempted static reinforcement in a remote area completely devoid of enemy forces to be a stable loading point. I've tried doing infinite number of reinforcements. I've tried multiple combinations. But inevitably...after a period of time..Blufor units dwindle down to almost nothing.

Has anyone else noticed a similar issue?

*Side note* I'm still REALLY wishing there will be an enhancement to set up the ability to call reinforcements from multiple factions without having to have ALL factions available. (i.e. Player is RHS Socom but can call in troop reinforcements from RHS Socom AND Project Opfor Afghan Army for example).

2. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

I haven't noticed but it is reflective of how the code works. Basically the starting troop numbers used for BCRs aren't persisted between sessions meaning that every session the numbers will be reset to the count of profiles on the field from the previous session (or if profiles aren't persisted, the amount the placement modules spawned). Steadily decreasing the numbers until they just don't reach the BCR threshold anymore.

Put up a ticket on github, this shouldn't be happening. :)

EDIT: Oh and nice observation. ^^

3. That's a problem! Yes please open a ticket.

4. Done.

This isn't as bad for conventional campaigns due to units losing ground, etc...but this pretty much destroys Assymetric campaigns because no matter how many reinforcements are available to Blufor..the profiles will gradually dwindle down to nothing over several saves and the Insurgents will spawn like locusts.

5. Wondering if they are replaced but are spawning at [0,0] or some other issue (bottom of ocean)?

6. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If the original group profile count isn't persistent, my best guess would be what's happening here is autigergrad is saving the mission when BLUFOR/the non-Assymetric side isn't back to full strength. So when he loads, the "new" group count is now the cap that BCR's are relying on.

Which would make sense, because that number could only ever go down.

7. @SavageCDN Wondering if they are replaced but are spawning at [0,0] or some other issue (bottom of ocean)?

Checked that, not happening.

FYI..the only time I've seen units spawn at 0,0 in the latest version is if I go into Zeus and manually delete ALiVE spawned groups...which just essentially "teleports" those deleted units to the 0,0 coordinates.

I discovered this when I was manually trying to get rid of profiles quickly to test logistics and how they were working.

8. I'm having this same issue with an I44 mission I am making.

The allied (Independent) force just completely stop receiving reinforcements within the first hour, Despite HQ's being placed along the beachheads where they spawn

9. So this is without server saving and exiting and loading the mission back up?

10. Yeah, though adding some extra cust. HQ objects seems to of helped.

11. Scratch that - The Virtual AI appears to be spawning in the units but then quickly deleting them after a certain amount of time, leaving there to eventually be only a handful of groups (atleast for my independent faction - don't notice the same for West).

12. The transportation units will be removed, they are not apart of the BCR's.. merely a way of getting them to battle.

13. @AUTigerGrad
    *Side note* I'm still REALLY wishing there will be an enhancement to set up the ability to call reinforcements from multiple factions without having to have ALL factions available. (i.e. Player is RHS Socom but can call in troop reinforcements from RHS Socom AND Project Opfor Afghan Army for example).

Any chance of doing this via a "whitelist/blacklist factions" line in the Player Combat Logisitics?

I don't want players to be able to call in reinforcements from EVERY Blufor faction available but I also don't want to limit them when, for example, we are playing as US Special Forces working with the Afghan Army and, as such, are not going to call more Special Forces troops in, but instead will call in Afghan units for reinforcements.

This would be highly useful IMO.

14. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'd personally love to see it tap into the factions used in the obj modules/controlled by that side's OPCOM. So if I have ANA at civ objs and special forces at mil objs, no matter who I play as, I can call in ANA and special forces groups on the field.

15. Set up a ticket for it on GitHub. I'm sure it's a good enough idea to implement. :)

16. I think this is one already on the Git: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/127

17. Ah you're right :)

18. Whoever implements this gets the honor of being my best friend for life. So..you know... that's the level of awesomeness you get as a reward. Nuff said.

19. @SpyderBlack723 The transportation units will be removed, they are not apart of the BCR's.. merely a way of getting them to battle.

This is happening for a faction I set up as strictly infantry

20. This is happening for a faction I set up as strictly infantry

BCR's will always be transported by a vehicle to their objective of insertion.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!