Insurgent OPCOMs

1. 6 years ago

Im not sure if its because of the latest arma update but I dont seem to be able to disable independent roadblocks, IED factories, recruiting HQs, camps, etc anymore on my dedicated server using the demo block/space bar interaction?

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Opendome are you having the same issue locally? Will I see this in SP or LAN? Do you happen to have an ALiVE CBA only mission you can submit?

BTW camps can’t be disabled. It’s just insurgent HQ’s and roadblocks.

3. @Opendome

I just posted this regarding the lastest Arma update and ALiVE. Non of our players are able to access any of our ALiVE missions even though they are showing up as running and good there is a ton of broken ALiVE modules notifications appearing in the RPT.

4. Guys repro mission’s please. Tickets if necessary. It’s unfair to have to force people to go fishing for issues on their own.

5. Friznit

2 Dec 2017 Administrator

Fwiw, I've been testing ALiVE release and release candidate versions today on dedi box with latest ArmA patch and am not having any issues.

6. @Friznit have you checked hold action on installations or roadblocks?

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Reason I ask (not only because of Opendome) is because I think I read something in the changelog about BI doing something to hold action so it probably should be checked. I’ll test it later

8. Edited 6 years ago by Nichols

Forgot to post my link with my RPT.

Want to see if others have similar issues before posting ticket.

In our test mission which is built on Tanoa I have had 5-6 guys that updated Arma and they are getting kicked out of the server on joining without getting any information on why they are kicked. The only thing not updated on the server was ALiVE.

Here is part of the RPT with a recurring entry:
    if (_debug) then {
    ["A>
    7:05:35 Error Undefined variable in expression: _airspaceassets
    7:05:35 File \x\alive\addons\mil_ato\fnc_ATO.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_ATO], line 5052
    7:05:35 Error in expression <n {
    _opAssets pushback _x;
    };
    } foreach _airspaceAssets;

if (_debug) then {
    ["A>
    7:05:35 Error position: <_airspaceAssets;

if (_debug) then {
    ["A>
    7:05:35 Error Undefined variable in expression: _airspaceassets
    7:05:35 File \x\alive\addons\mil_ato\fnc_ATO.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_ATO], line 5052
    7:05:45 Error in expression <n {
    _opAssets pushback _x;
    };
    } foreach _airspaceAssets;

if (_debug) then {
    ["A>
    7:05:45 Error position: <_airspaceAssets;

9. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What version of ALiVE are you using @Nichols? Prerelease test build or release (Dropbox app won’t open zip files on my phone so I can’t check).

10. Current release version...not using pre-release for our mission testing and mission server...creates too many variables that I don't like dealing with as the mission maker and the server admin

11. Are you getting kicked too? Are you running Battleye? This error and the kicking might not be related. Battleye is kicking people from servers right now from what I read around the forums.

12. Friznit

2 Dec 2017 Administrator

Hold Action working fine on installations.

There's an error popping up for Hold Action on Roadblocks - I've logged a ticket.

Airspace error has been fixed in Dev (graceful fail) - it happens when there are no air assets in the airspace. Make sure you have at least one usable combat aircraft in the area covered by the airspace marker. Airspaces must be contiguous (so it must cover the airfield where the planes spawn).

13. @Friznit The mission was working on Wednesday night (US Time) pre-TacOps release using the current release of ALiVE. It drops in a Chinese JH-7A aircraft for CAP mode as it is set in the MACC.

I am working on mission now and will post a new version up with the post-TacOps Arma 3 build to see if that helps.

@HeroesandvillainsOS No one is reporting the Battleye problem on our end that I have heard about...will ask around again and see what the problem might be.

14. For sure I just wanted to see if it was on my end or if others were experiencing it too. Is weird when I host on my own PC it seems to work but when its on the server no one gets the prompt.

15. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Opendome Ok tested (Whigital, myself, Friznit and Highhead). Insurgent HQ’s (recruitment centers, IED factories etc) all have the hold action. Roadblocks should too.

REMEMBER disabling roadblocks is an Asymmetric only feature. You will only get this option if the insurgent OPCOM builds one. Roadblocks spawned in the CIV Obj module will not have any hold action (this is not a bug, it’s by design currently). Also remember, roadblocks spawned by insurgent OPCOM will have a explosive charge near it. This is the object with the hold action you need to look directly at to disable.

If you’re sure it’s an assymetric roadblock and either don’t see a charge or hold action, please report back.

16. It's the roadblocks that are the issue. We've been able to disable everything but roadblocks.
    We even used ALiVE logistics to move most of the roadblock bits so we could see the charge, but still no hold action.

17. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang It's the roadblocks that are the issue. We've been able to disable everything but roadblocks.
    We even used ALiVE logistics to move most of the roadblock bits so we could see the charge, but still no hold action.

Are you positive it’s a insurgent OPCOM spawned roadblock and not a civ obj one? Only Asymmetric roadblocks currently offer the hold action. Can you provide a repro? Unless someone does this won’t be fixed. Highhead just spent some time with this and can’t see any issues.

or Sign Up to reply!