CUP Factions?

1. 8 years ago

What is the faction name for CUP? I want to set the Blufor and Opfor factions to CUP factions. Are there specific Faction names for each CUP faction for ALiVE? Or do I have to load additional faction mods to get Russians and US Army factions?

2. Not sure but if you go into the config viewer in editor with those mods loaded you should be able to find it

3. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179326-community-upgrade-project-cup/page-88

Here's a list of the faction names for the newly released factions. Bottom of the page.

4. Thanks updated wiki:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

5. I am trying to use the CUP_O_TK_MILITIA and CUP_O_TK factions and its giving me an error saying that its an incorrect faction and that it might use the default one?

6. If it's not working for you I encourage you to let the CUP team know in the thread I linked. They just put the update out today so if you're putting it in right and they are not spawning, there could be a mistake.

7. ok ill post it there aswell. one other thing i noticed. there is no logo for cup units in arma when it loads up even tho there available in game. anyone else notice that?

8. Tupolov

5 Feb 2016 Administrator

I worked with CUP to ensure the cfgGroups entries are correct. There maybe some work we need to do in ALiVE to get those factions fully working. Will check and get back to you. CUP has followed the correct CfgGroup guidelines, so there's not much more they can do.

9. Tupolov

5 Feb 2016 Administrator

Just checked and ALiVE will need to issue an update in the next release... Will try to get this out the door ASAP as we are due a release :)

10. Hey Tupolov,

Are the CUP units also configured to utilize the awesome "Sea Patrols" addition in the last ALiVE update?

I noticed that you have Patrol Boats for the RACS and SLA...just curious if they actively patrol with the latest CUP update?

11. @Tupolov Just checked and ALiVE will need to issue an update in the next release... Will try to get this out the door ASAP as we are due a release :)

every day I wake up waiting for the next ALiVE release!!!! its been a while so im expecting some interesting things! :D

12. Tupolov

8 Feb 2016 Administrator

Its very soon! We are just building now so should be this week.

Sea Patrols - not yet. Will get in the next release of CUP

13. Friznit

8 Feb 2016 Administrator

@onedigita every day I wake up waiting for the next ALiVE release!!!! its been a while so im expecting some interesting things! :D

Don't get too excited - remember that the Release Candidate you are using already is feature complete, so this release is mostly bug fixes and a few tweaks!

14. afirm, ill be happy with what ever we get ! :)

15. 7 years ago

Dudes CUP_B_GB seems to be for woodland (DPM) set rather than MTP. Anybody know the Faction name MTP UK troops. Cant find it anywhere!

16. ignore the above! I think its related to what ever is incorrectly bringing in CSAT etc.

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Please share your mission Sheeps! LOL! Let's get this baby solved! :)

http://alivemod.com/forum/2015-csat-and-ind-spawning-instead-of-modded-faction

18. Sorry dude id already edited it however. I've never used custom Objective before. Took it out and all my problems are gone. Maybe you should try removing yours.

19. Edited 7 years ago by GhostNI

For faction names go to config viewer - CfgGroups then double click the side (west, east ect) and all the available factions are there.

or Sign Up to reply!