LEIGHTS OPFOR or similar opfor pack?

1. 7 years ago

Hello, with Project Opfor taking over Leight's Opfor there is a problem. Currently Project Opfor does not seem to be compatible with ALiVE.

I can't find any old download links to Leights Opfor to use until Project Opfor is usable.

Anyone have any live links or recommendations to similar mods that provide both Taki fighters and Civilians?

*Not interested in the CUP mods. Our group would have to download not only the factions but their weapons also.

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Why do you say it's not compatible with ALiVE? I've tested ISTS, the Middle East Militia, African Insurgents, African and Middle East civs, and the Ukranian Army and they all work fine. The only one I've tested with issues is the Peshmerga which Keeway is working on fixing. I know there's a lot of other factions I haven't tested though, so sorry if you're referring to a different one.

Someone on Steam (you maybe with a different name?) said they believed the issue was a dedicated server problem only. I'll check this later. Is that what you're seeing because I'm 100% positive all the factions I listed work just fine in SP.

EDIT: Actually, I know for certain the Ukranian Army and Chernarus civs work on a dedi; I used them in an op last week. I'll check ISTS later.

3. Not me on the steam forum.

I haven't tried it yet on a dedicated but they were not spawning for me just through editor test.

I will try a few things and see if I can spot something I'm doing incorrect.

4. Actually Takistan appears to be the issue..............anyone else having issues with Takistan?

I copy and pasted all my alive modules over to Altis and they spawned in fine. Started with a fresh Takistan and copy and pasted the exact modules over to it and alive would spawn nothing.

5. Never tried Takistan with ALiVE but try setting the placement filters to "none" or something like that.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You're more than welcome to try this out if you want to see. Currently I'm trying to revive a different mission from Hell so I may not get a chance to see how this works in anything other than SP (where I've been playing it) for a couple days:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykz9akdk7051jzw/Oasis_of_Marah.DYA.pbo?dl=0

Requires:
    CBA
    ALiVE
    Spyder Addons
    RHS US
    RHS Rus
    Project OPFOR
    JBAD
    Diyala

A few people on Steam say they are having compatibility issues with Project OPFOR and ALiVE, especially with ISTS/ISIS on a dedicated server, so now I'm really curious what the deal is.

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@marceldev89 Never tried Takistan with ALiVE but try setting the placement filters to "none" or something like that.

This is a good idea. Last I checked, Takistan is an odd map and I'm pretty sure you can completely filter out unit spawns if you set it to only use really large objectives.

8. Takistan works fine, I've been running a mission with 3CB and CAF for a while now.
    As others have said though you need to turn off placement filters to properly populate the map.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

Agree with JD. I have been building a takistan mission with project opfor, RHS, spyder, ace. Tfar, VCOM AI and a bunch of other stuff. Working smoothly.

10. Currently completing an Insurgency on Takistan. Everything works fine, even the weather >.<
    Just another day in Takistan

11. Hello guys, Peshmerga still do not work and I haven't figured out it yet, maybe someone can help?

http://pastebin.com/iL37xDbb

12. @SpyderBlack723

13. Friznit

18 Sep 2016 Administrator

Load it up in the Orbatron! It'll tell you which groups aren't ALiVE compatible.

14. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@friznit In his current RC, it's all of the groups for the Peshmerga that aren't working. I think he's asking for a second set of eyes to look over his code to see if he's missed anything obvious. Though I guess he could probably use ORBAT to generate the config and he can use that as a reference instead maybe? If so that would be sweet.

16. Bump.

It's not often we a get a mod developer in the forums explicitly asking for help making their content ALiVE compatible. Can anyone help Keeway out here and take a peak at his file?

17. Friznit

20 Sep 2016 Administrator

I had look but in my limited understanding couldn't spot anything. Are there any further details other than "it doesn't work" to help narrow down what the problem might be?

18. Is there a description of the issue somewhere?

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The only description I'm aware of, which I'm sure is way too vague for you guys, is that the Peshmerga spawn as CSAT (I reported the issue to him - which was reported to me by someone else - which he verified), likely pointing towards the issue being that the faction is not following the vanilla method for cfg groupings (or whatever you guys call that :) ).

He's attempted to fix it on his own (he mentioned having worked on this with no success weeks ago so I take it he is REALLY stuck) so above he posted the raw paste.

Every other faction of his I've tried works just fine so it's definitely strange.

20. @HeroesandvillainsOS&nbsp;
    A few people on Steam say they are having compatibility issues with Project OPFOR and ALiVE, especially with ISTS/ISIS on a dedicated server, so now I'm really curious what the deal is.

Yeah I've been having this issue on Kunduz. Works great in the Editor but when hosting using my machine or a dedicated server no ISTS or Afghan Milita spawn.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!