ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@Tupolov @SpyderBlack723 How does one, after getting a faction into the game, A: use the modded faction in Zeus, B: use unit groups in the game at all, and C: make the faction in the editor have an actual name, instead of just being a blank dropdown tab?

3. Make sure you follow the steps here to get the faction in game, it sounds like it might not be properly done.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Generate_Config

4. Good Morning Gents,

I used the ORBAT module to create two of my own entirely separate factions and after I converted them to PBOs and loaded them separately they worked perfectly. When I loaded both these mods at the same time I found that either just one or neither of them would work. I've done some searching to see if anyone else is having this problem but I can't find anything. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the default ALiVE file structure for PBOs or if the mods just conflict for some reason. Either way I'd greatly appreciate help/advice, thank you!

5. @SpyderBlack723 my apologies I forgot to tag you in the above comment. Would you possibly know of any solution to this?

6. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

First, make sure each pbo name is unique. Then go through each autogenerated file (ctrl-f) and anywhere you see (I think it's) testmod, change this to a name unique to each pbo. This should solve your problem.

7. Deleted 5 years ago by Schoen-Train
  8. @SpyderBlack723 thank you for the advice! I tried using ctrl-f and typing testmod but there were no results sadly, I searched the files manually and still nothing. I double checked my PBOs and they are both named to match with their corresponding mods. Would I mess with the $PBOPREFIX$ file at all?

9. Deleted 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723
  10. post your autogen.hpp file contents to pastebin and link back here, I'll let you know the correct thing to change.

11. Deleted 5 years ago by Schoen-Train
  12. @SpyderBlack723 https://pastebin.com/1CgFVpzD I'm sorry in advance for the amount of stuff on here, If it would be easier I could make a smaller faction with base game units and export it. It would have the same effect regardless

13. Ok, so I see O_East, I'm guessing this is changed for each of the other factions? Seems like a new feature added in by Tup that I was not aware of. The next step would be checking the PBOPREFIX file which might not be changed. If you could post the contents of that file here that would be great (just one line so no need for pastebin).

14. Deleted 5 years ago by Schoen-Train
  15. x\testmod\addons\test
    O_East is changed in the other files, the other ones are still following the letter_word format I'm not sure if that could be an issue @SpyderBlack723

16. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@Schoen-Train
    Ok there we go, change test to mirror O_East (but make sure you use whatever occupies the same spot as O_East in each pbo so every pbo has a different PBOPREFIX file content.

You can also change testmod (from PBO prefix) to a short name (no spaces or special characters) that resembles your mod. This part should be the same for every pbo that belongs to a specific mod.

For example, if you have a mod named MyFactionPack which contains two factions MML,DYO. Your PBOPREFIX content for each pbo might look like this.

MyFactionPack_MML.pbo: x\MFP\addons\MML
    MyFactionPack_DYO.pbo: x\MFP\addons\DYO

Hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully it works. If not I'll probably just ask for the whole thing so I can debug without wasting more time.

17. Thank you again for all the help. I now have it set up as
    x\CPACEast\addons\O_East. Ill try it right now and let you know ASAP @SpyderBlack723

18. It works!!! You are a lifesaver man! @SpyderBlack723

19. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Awesome. No worries, glad to have it resolved.

Have fun.

20. I think for the future we might be able to half work around that issue. But the mod name will likely need to always be manually edited.

21. @SpyderBlack723 am I able to edit the unit subcategories (Infantry, Armor, Men, Helicopters, ect.) In the current build?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!