ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

Gentlemen, please.

@cbff33 - we realize the orbat tool is not a polished piece of software however it does work most of the time. Occasionally we run into issues but overall people have been able to create lots of custom factions.

The tutorials are out of date because no one has offered to update them. ALiVE is in maintenance mode now and the core devs have moved on to other things. I am happy to update the wiki with new information however unless someone provides me with that info....

I am not an expert in creating custom factions... perhaps @AUTigerGrad can provide some input?

3. Been working with him on that for a while @SavageCDN ; I can't figure out what the issue is and I brought @SpyderBlack723 into a private conversation with him as well. From one of his last posts to the private conversation he mentioned that he was attempting to use items from 2 completely different factions and I think it might be related to that but I am uncertain as I did not get a reply other than him saying on Jan 2nd that he was "officially over it". I am more than willing to work with @cbff33 to hunt down the problem as I want to see what it might be even though I have never had this issue.

4. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by Memphiz

Three questions

1. Is there a way to use custom flags, for custom factions?
    2. How can I save an existing custom faction, and then load it up again, for further changes?
    3. I seem to get a error when I try to start the game, after I have exported a faction, and try to install it as a mod... It says something about "a" being encountered instead of "{", even with a unaltered faction…… Afterwards, I got the exit code: " 0x0000DEAD -". Any ideas on how I can fix that?

or Sign Up to reply!