ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

OK I guess what I need is someone that is willing to sit there and walk me through the whole process. I will be glad to get into a TS and listen while I stream on Steam if someone is willing to help me out; so I can make some notes. Or at the very least someone to do a detailed video that explains what they are doing instead of just dancing a cursor around the screen and then clicking on what I think are random items.

Sorry for the rant I just discovered that the Pook SAM pack vehicles don't want to cooperate with ORBAT at all and the VME PLA Faction is not ALiVE compatible either...or maybe I am an idiot.

3. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

New version for people to break: New Test Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u3sqrsdyub85mj/ALIVE_ORBAT_CREATOR_TESTBUILD.RAR?dl=0
    (Link above updated as well)

Main Features:

Identity Customization: Language, Ethnicity, Insignia
    More bugfixes
    Known Issues:
    With some languages (Only Chinese so far tested), the AI will speak it but the player will speak the language of the unit they inherit from. This may just be a limitation of the game (ie. unfinished language)?

FAQ:
    Q: Why are the faces and language list in an "ugly" format
    A: This part of the config isn't mean to be exposed like this tool does. These names are the class names of the different languages and ethnicity.

Q: Are faces and voices randomized within each selection
    A: Yes, you can click the same face option over and over to view the different faces that units with this option may spawn with

Q: How come their is no preview for voices?
    A: The code is in place to allow for this, but Arma refuses to play sounds, not sure why.

Main features:

• Fixed eventhandler inheritance
    • Specifying vehicle occupants by turret position
    • Hiding of "importer" classes (necessary for above features)

The changes put together for the above were necessary, but slightly (that's putting it lightly) hackish. So please test it and report ANY oddities that may crop up that didn't before. The changelist is small (although incomplete), but it includes some major changes. Danke!

Friendly reminder, only use this build for testing the ORBAT Creator, everything else is potentially unstable and/or incomplete.

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Will I need to remake my faction again? Please say no. I like it how it is. :)

Are factions made with the last test version expected to be compatible with the next ALiVE release?

5. No, but you can improve them.

They will always be compatible with the next release because it is just generating a config that is used by the game.

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

New Test Version: New Test Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u3sqrsdyub85mj/ALIVE_ORBAT_CREATOR_TESTBUILD.RAR?dl=0

Main Features:

More bugfixes
    Known Issues:
    With some languages (Only Chinese so far tested), the AI will speak it but the player will speak the language of the unit they inherit from. This may just be a limitation of the game (ie. unfinished language)?

FAQ:
    A: This part of the config isn't mean to be exposed like this tool does. These names are the class names of the different languages and ethnicity.

A: Yes, you can click the same face option over and over to view the different faces that units with this option may spawn with

A: The code is in place to allow for this, but Arma refuses to play sounds, not sure why.

Main Features:

• Identity Customization: Language, Ethnicity, Insignia
    • More bugfixes

Known Issues:

FAQ:

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Found some issues with the above build, wouldn't recommend using, will post a stable one soon.

8. Is there any way to specify "faces" and the language used for a faction?

9. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That's what the above build does

Wait for the more stable version of it though, currently building now.

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Stable Test Version:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u3sqrsdyub85mj/ALIVE_ORBAT_CREATOR_TESTBUILD.RAR?dl=0

11. Will take a look at this one again in a bit...you got my message in github last night?

12. That depends on what your username is on Github.

13. @SpyderBlack723 on

I think its coachwn

14. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Then Yes. I've put in at least 6-8 hours each day for the last 3 days into this so please test the latest version as things have improved a lot. Everything should work just fine.

15. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

Latest version giving errors when trying to copy to build units. Will post on Github and here.

Tried copying Massi's PLA
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396708796890197079/CC4791CC4E3E9ACE461ADC26F90AEB2E5719BB1B/

Tried copying BLU_F stock as well
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396708796890195935/AF992DB660DAEDBDBF41691C8B665A84C206E2AD/

16. Works like a champ.

17. I'm able to change the head types, but not the language or insignia. On another note, is there any way to disable the eyewear that's inherited from whatever unit you base your created unit off of? The vanilla sunglasses are so ugly, or else I would just deal with it but fuck...

18. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

They are randomized. Considering a checkbox in the unit creation/edit screen to disable/enable this.

I'm able to change the head types, but not the language or insignia

Could you elaborate on why. Are the voices and insignia lists blank. If so, post your rpt. Are you using the latest link from above?

19. Edited 7 years ago by dev614

They're blank, yes. I've also just made a completely new faction from scratch to find out that I cannot export the units config. I can export groups, faction (first option), and cfgpatches but when it comes to any unit (all of them or trying to export them individually) or the "full faction" option I get an error code and nothing copied to the clipboard.

-image-

I can export any other faction just fine but for some reason I can't export the one I just made. Must be a conflict with a mod I used to make the unit or something, I don't know. That's 3 hours of my life wasted. :(

EDIT: I just tried removing everything from one of the units I created and seeing if it was a mod that was causing the problem, but I still could not export that individual unit when he had nothing on him. I think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses and start again with the old ORBAT creator.

20. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Not sure how to go about helping you. Everything works perfectly fine on my end, and the same for @Nichols so far.

Try re-downloading.

(Also a tip, export often when using development builds such as these. These aren't 100% stable and final unless otherwise specified.

21. Edited 7 years ago by dev614

I'll try re-downloading and let you know what comes of it. The problem stems from opening a new units' arsenal and saving the changes. I tried creating a new faction, adding a CSAT combat medic into the units, went into the loadout editor, exited without saving any changes, exported - it was fine. When I went back into the loadout editor, (I have ASR installed so the NVGs were placed in the units inventory somewhere after the arsenal loaded up, that's the only change that occured from the units original loadout) I clicked "save changes" and tried to export the unit and got the error.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!