Placing of ALiVE Modules

1. 6 years ago

Just want to make sure on this, once and for all.

Does it matter where you place ANY of the modules. E.G can you place them ALL around the edge of the map, if you wanted to?
    Obviously, linking the correct ones :-)

Or are there certain modules that have to be place in a specific place like TAOR's, towns, etc etc

Thanks

2. Almost every module can be placed anywhere and it won’t make a difference. The only ones that I can think of offhand that need to be put in specific places are CAS/Transport/Artillery, cust objective modules, and occasionally military objectives depending on your module settings.

I also believe the commander module placement matters if using the Assymetric option too but I’m not 100% positive on that. Pretty sure it does.

3. Thanks, on the cust objective module, when you place it do you change any of the other fields, ie TAOR, faction, or do you just leave them to default?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I always change the faction if I’m using modded factions obviously. I usually make it spawn units too (it has 0 by default which you’ll see in the module options).

I also almost never let them spawn an HQ but thats usually because I don’t want a composition spawning. That’s really up to you though.

Remember, there is no place in a custom objective module to set TAOR.

5. Great, thanks

6. Edited 6 years ago by SavageCDN

The location of the Military Placement module will determine where the AI commander places the HQ building (if HQs are enabled).

7. Where you place the Military AI commander determines OPCOM's objective numbers which (in my understanding) effects prioritization of objectives. Closer to AI module = higher objective number.

8. @patpowercat Where you place the Military AI commander determines OPCOM's objective numbers which (in my understanding) effects prioritization of objectives. Closer to AI module = higher objective number.

Hmmm. I don’t think so. As far as I’m aware OPCOM Placement (meaning the actual module itself) is only a factor when using the Asymmetric Commander type, but maybe I’m wrong?

9. In what way would placement affect an assymmetric commander?

10. @Pokey In what way would placement affect an assymmetric commander?

Fairly certain it’s where where the Insurgency starts it’s insurgent thing; establishing itself and placing installations, denser closest to the module to start. I’m like 99% positive on this but may be wrong just FYI.

11. Yep found it on the wiki:

An insurgency will typically start in a high threat or 'hot zone' (loosely equivalent to a military TAOR) and seek to spread out from there to conduct operations across the AO. The location of the AI Commander module will be the the centre of the insurgency zone and they will initially prefer secure unguarded installations nearby.

12. @HeroesandvillainsOS I usually make it spawn units too (it has 0 by default which you’ll see in the module options).

Is this still an option? I can't see it in the module options and it would be very useful.

13. @Guitar18 Is this still an option? I can't see it in the module options and it would be very useful.

You're using the custom objective module? You should see something that reads:
    Infantry count: 0
    Motorized count: 0
    Mechanized count: 0

etc etc.

Or maybe it said override infantry/override mechanized/override motorized, etc. Either way, it should be pretty obvious to find after reading this! Hope it helps :)

or Sign Up to reply!