ALiVE Map List and Descriptions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ha! Sweet. Hopefully C2ISTAR considers the palace worthy enough at some point to give me an HVT task there. Davidoss sent me a script I can use to also make my own HVT objective too but I like being surprised in my own missions and don't have the skills to make my own mission randomization.

It really is a sweet little island and that floating runway just totally opens up the mission possibilities. Now to see if I can safely land the chopper throughout the island or if I'll need a fastrope script. Knowing BIS and how heli's handle unflat surfaces (OMG CLAfghan!) I'll probably need the script. That and fastroping is sort of cool anyway. I hear chicks dig it. :)

3. If you do end up needing a fastrope script I can recommend zlt Fastrope, as long as you don't mind using vanilla transport helos (or manually configuring the script for mods). Especially useful because it also works for any AI team-mates. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23961

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah I'm thinking of that one (or SHK's update to it) but I use 3CB choppers and don't really know if either would work with the Merlin without tinkering.

AI being able to use it is very important. As is use on a dedicated server.

So let's say I use a "non-supported" chopper. Would it still work? I don't care if the ropes don't look like they're positioned great. Just need to get up and down.

EDIT: Yeah I see on the forums rope position does matter and that the SHK one might have issues on dedicated servers. That sucks.

5. Anyone had any luck using the map Celle or Celle 2for Alive? It looks interesting, but I see it may have some issues with Alive still?

6. ^ not in some time... like back when AiA was the only option. They are both listed on the supported maps page - if you try them out and they don't work please let me know.

7. Does anyone have any missions on N'Ziwasogo at all they can just launch on their server for me? I've tried limiting the objectives and units (down now to about 100 objectives which is pretty typical for what I set up) and my mission load time on my server is over 10 minutes. I think it's related to an ALiVE grid error and I'm wondering if the map needs a slight clean up for indexing.

I can set up a QuickStart mission for the devs using vanilla factions if that would be helpful (not sure if you guys keep QuickStart missions for testing for indexed maps or not).

8. 7 years ago

Same issue at my end Heroes

9. Yea I get the same hero. Then when it does load I get 1-2 FPS.

Anyone know any good working africaeque maps? Ive been having some weird issues with isla duala and Ive been told its some object errors on the map itself and it needs to be reindexed (tried but Im stuck). THe AI Commander seems to ignroe the limits placed on the Military and Civilian placement modules (has 60 units total at its disposal but I always see much more)

Thanks!

10. I think once N'Ziwasogo gets a reindex you'll see better results. Perhaps if you feel motivated to index stuff Opendome you could try that one?

With all those trees I doubt performwnce will be great but with the last version of the map, when it loaded, it played fine. The initial load time problem I think was related to a clusterdata error relating to the civilian spawns (I think). Since you and I have the same rig I think you'd find it playable too if you limit objectives. The map just needs a reindex now because it updated a couple weeks back with building replacements.

11. I would but my attempt at trying to index a map has failed and Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It seems a handful of people that have tried it (and posted about it at least) have said they couldn't figure it out either. I wonder if perhaps the wiki would benefit from a revised tutorial or some additional troubleshooting steps?

13. Yea I think thatd be really helpful. If I knew waht I was doing and was confident in it I'd be indexing maps and uploading them here like a mad mans

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I need another map recommendation. I'm out of ideas. :( I just pretty much wrapped up a mission on Diyala in prep for the next ALiVE update, so I'd like to try something new. Preferably not middle eastern.

Indexing moves so fast here it's hard for me to know what's working well and what isn't. Are you guys having fun on anything in particular ATM?

I think I want to make something with the RHS Russians as the player side, but beyond that I'm stumped. I checked out Beketov and I don't think it's gonna work for me (too many fences and they will play havoc with AI IMO).

It doesn't need to be Russian feeling; just not middle eastern. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd hate to just pick something and find out the map has indexing issues or lighting issues or whatnot.

15. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@HeroesandvillainsOS Beketov works fairly well. I did a mission in Beketov city with a few custom objectives spread around and it was quite enjoyable. The fences can be annoying at times but they AI seems to like to "hide" in fenced of areas which gave me quite the adrenaline kicks a few times. ^^

16. Haha! I kind of pictured a mission on that map sort of feeling like it was on rails and that navigation might end up being a nightmare for my AI teammates. It's cool to see you're enjoying it and that the enemy/obj spawned AI using the cover to their advantage though!

I didn't expect a reply over the weekend TBH. I just cross posted this on BIS forums. :)

17. I'm kind of in the same situation to be honest. Except I don't mind a Middle Eastern map. It seems like every map I've wanted to make a mission on lately (Diyala, Zargabad, Kunduz, Al Rayak, Panthera etc etc) seem to be broken, which I assume is all due to either needing reindexing or this bug that stops enough civilians spawning. (I gots to have me a lot of civs :P )

Doesn't help that I don't really "feel" Tanoa I guess.

18. Friznit

21 Aug 2016 Administrator

Gunkizli is good. It's middle eastern buildings but not desert.

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang LOL yeah I noticed that too. Pretty sure Panthera just got indexed though so you can cross that off the list soon I think! I downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty as hell.

@Friznit oooh good idea. :) I think I may try Chernarus for a conventional Russian vs Ukranian battle. That map is still playing nice with ALiVE mostly, yeah? I scouted it yesterday and feel pretty good about it assuming it works fine these days (there are differing reports when searching the forums).

Also, any word on how SMD Sahrani or Bornholm are working right now? Probably fluffed up due to the new lighting I'd gather.

20. I'm fairly sure Sahrani works fine. I'm thinking about building an RHS conventional war on there myself this week to keep me going until the next ALiVE release, which as I understand should fix the civilians issue.

21. Honestly, I haven't had any issues with many maps at all right now.

Sahrani, Isla Duala, etc. They all work fine for me. Spawning is great. Civs spawn fine, etc.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!