ALiVE Missions: I'm taking requests

1. 7 years ago

So I'm currently updating all of my older missions on steam as many are over a year old and need quite a bit of fine tuning, tweaking, etc.

That being said..... in regards to some new missions....I figured I would ask the ALiVE users (those who don't normally design missions of course) what kinds of ALiVE missions/campaigns they would like to see.

So here's the deal if you're interested....simply post in this thread the following

1. Type of ALiVE Campaign: (Conventional style, Assymetric)
    2. What map would you like me to use? (Needs to be indexed for ALiVE of course)
    3. What unit mods would you like? (RHS Escalation? 3CB? CUP? WW2 Iron Front? UNSUNG Vietnam?)
    4. What ALiVE features would you like me to include?
    5. Any other requests/background

I'll look over any and all requests and make as many as I can...or feel like. Then I'll post for any and all of the ALiVE community to use.

I just thought it would be fun to get some fresh ideas outside of my own AND it can allow folks who are intimidated by mission making or using ALiVE to experience a custom mission to tailored to their taste.

So if that sounds interesting to yall (as we say down South), fire away!

2. Neato! Nice thread.

I've had a REAL itch to not only play on N'Ziwasogo (as you know), but if you ever get bored and could check out the index of Clafghan (some people tell me it still works) and see if you can make your Insurgency magic happen there would be sweet.

I'll try to come up with some more requests soon-ish, but do you remember that op we played on Tanoa that one time where we had to rescue the hostage? I loved the hell out of that. You still have that one kicking around?

And wasn't there another one with a chem lab or something that we had to destroy? And another HVT one on Abramia where we inserted by raft and got wrecked by that tank or whatever it's called?

Basically I'm saying, even your small single session task based missions are wonderful as well. Good times.

3. Oh since you're doing your backlog. Don't waste your time with Royal Marines Kunduz. Apparently the last platform update made all the doors broken and unenterable on the map. The steam page for Kunduz has PAGES of complaints.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I would personally love a giant robot deathmatch over the island of Stratis. Maybe toss in a few stormtroopers.

5. @SpyderBlack723 I would personally love a giant robot deathmatch over the island of Stratis. Maybe toss in a few stormtroopers.

-image-

6. Poor Toby. I always found him to be very nice. :)

7. A retread of Operation Landlord if there is anything new to be added since its initial release

Something that generates "quick hitter" missions, no long waits for those afflicted with gamer ADHD. We always run into this one mission that seems to always occur at the same two outposts where AI comes trickling in basically looking to get shot. Waiting 45 minutes in one spot with nothing to do makes people not like ArmA ALiVE missions (this happens with Landlord).

Something with ACE (I always wonder if I have implemented my ACE modules correctly).

8. Forgot to mention... Default islands.

9. @lawnDartLeo A retread of Operation Landlord if there is anything new to be added since its initial release

Something that generates "quick hitter" missions, no long waits for those afflicted with gamer ADHD. We always run into this one mission that seems to always occur at the same two outposts where AI comes trickling in basically looking to get shot. Waiting 45 minutes in one spot with nothing to do makes people not like ArmA ALiVE missions (this happens with Landlord).

Something with ACE (I always wonder if I have implemented my ACE modules correctly).

For this one you might just be better off removing the "milDefence" mission yourself. Bottom of the page:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Blacklists

10. I'm with Spyder - robots and stormtroopers!

11. I've been toying with getting an alive campaign made. My vision is a large conventional invasion CTI style campaign. Basically the original Operation Flashpoint campaign set on Altis. But combined with the dynamic SP campaigns that people made for OFP back in the day. In my head I have this great idea of it being episodic so it's small enough to save. There are hub missions where you can get smaller tasks assigned while waiting for the next offensive push mission. Combined arms ops and using high command to put you in charge of a platoon while there are other forces alongside taking other objectives.

I'm not really requesting this. Just getting the idea out there as I think ALiVE provides a great engine for making these campaigns without having to micromanage all the units...

12. FYI, I have a Clafghan Insurgency that is almost finished that I'll publish for folks here. I plan on putting it on our server after our current campaign.

Index works fine BTW (I'm using the CLA Clafghan that is posted on Steam)

13. Thanks AuTigerGrad. Clafghan is SUPERB. I'd actually like to index this one as well (as I said in the other thread, assuming all goes well after the categorization part).

According to Highhead, Clafghan's index is "unhappy." So I take it it it largely works but has some issues hopefully a new indexing will correct.

I appreciate it man. I can't wait for the mission.

14. Edited 7 years ago by AUTigerGrad

@HeroesandvillainsOS  Neato! Nice thread.

I've had a REAL itch to not only play on N'Ziwasogo (as you know), but if you ever get bored and could check out the index of Clafghan (some people tell me it still works) and see if you can make your Insurgency magic happen there would be sweet.

Basically I'm saying, even your small single session task based missions are wonderful as well. Good times.

RESTREPO

-image-

Steam Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863134045
    *PBO download link and Mods Required are both listed on the steam page above*

In June of 2007, members of the 173rd Airborne Brigade took part in the active patrol and defense of the Korangal Valley of Afghanistan against the Taliban insurgency.
    The strongly independent tribes of the Korangal Valley, who have opposed all forms of government other than a council of elders, viewed the U.S. troops as invaders. This created constant tension between the locals and the U.S. military which prevented significant progress against the Taliban. And so, after years of sustained fighting and casualties, the U.S. military closed Korangal Outpost on April 14, 2010, after which the valley reverted to Taliban control. Forty-two American service men died fighting in the Korangal and hundreds were wounded, primarily between 2006 and 2009. Many Afghan soldiers died there as well. The valley has been dubbed "The Valley of Death" by American forces.
    This campaign allows you and your friends to take part in this effort as members of the 173rd Airborne.
    If you are unfamiliar with my missions....then you have been missing out!! No seriously...if you are not familiar with my missions, my focus is on long term, persistent campaigns using the ALiVE mod framework. For more information on how ALiVE works and how to play visit www.alivemod.com.

Features include:

• VCOM AI built into the mission itself (NO NEED TO USE AN AI MOD WHEN USING THIS MISSION)
    • Persistence enabled
    • Headless Client support enabled
    • An Insurgency style campaign with IEDs, suicide bombers, advanced civilian interaction, and Insurgent weapon caches and installations
    • Hidden Taliban camps scattered throughout the Korangal Mountain range.
    • Ambient traffic, animal herds
    • Custom images and sounds including authentic afghan billboards, posters, etc. and authentic middle eastern sounds and radio broadcasts from my Ambient sounds packs.
    • Multiple respawn points, including a moveable spawn point
    • Virtual Arsenal, Helo Spawner, Troop spawner
    • Full Logistics support, including reinforcements, supplies, etc.
    • Automated Close Air Support and Helo Transport
    • Other cool stuff
    • NOTE* All of my missions are built with my own clan in mind and catered to. That being said, we use ACE Advanced medical in our missions, which is what this mission is set to. If you don't like Advanced Medical, ACE, or VCOM AI...you are more than welcome to download the pbo, open it in your editor, and adjust to your liking. I will not be removing any of these if requested.

I hope you enjoy it.

15. Oh hell yeah, thanks @AUTigerGrad!

16. This looks awesome! Great work @AUTigerGrad

17. Looks great man. I was looking at Clafghan the other night wondering if there's really enough towns and "conflict points" across the map. Will be interesting to take a look at this and see how you handled that.

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang Looks great man. I was looking at Clafghan the other night wondering if there's really enough towns and "conflict points" across the map. Will be interesting to take a look at this and see how you handled that.

Yes there definitely is. After indexing the map, testing it, not only are the cities pretty big, but the profiles even pickup some out of the way areas, such as "hidden" towers/bunkers and stuff. It's an excellent map.

I actually started building a mission on it a couple days ago and it's something. I look forward to playing AuTigerGrad 's because he's great at getting the most out of maps.

19. @JD_Wang Looks great man. I was looking at Clafghan the other night wondering if there's really enough towns and "conflict points" across the map. Will be interesting to take a look at this and see how you handled that.

Actually...funny you bring that up....

The reason I'm excited to play our next campaign with this mission on our server IS the fact that there is so much vast mountain range with little to no towns. There are plenty of civ areas in the northern part of the map..but what I did was place a bunch of custom Taliban objectives throughout the mountain range. Then I built out custom insurgent mountain camps, etc. It makes for a very unique experience in that there are few maps as big as Clafghan and most Afghan maps have very little vegetation, etc. So it sets up some intense woodland/mountain fighting.

One side note that I'm not sure if everyone is aware of or not...if you place a custom objective for an Assymetric commander (which I always do without a prebuilt composition) and you place down your own buildings, etc.....those buildings WILL be used as installations by the AI which is great. That means you can create IED factories, HQs, and weapon caches that work in sync with the commander and can be placed deep in the mountains that the players have to spend time finding.

Clafghan is a great map.

20. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@AUTigerGrad

One side note that I'm not sure if everyone is aware of or not...if you place a custom objective for an Assymetric commander (which I always do without a prebuilt composition) and you place down your own buildings, etc.....those buildings WILL be used as installations by the AI which is great. That means you can create IED factories, HQs, and weapon caches that work in sync with the commander and can be placed deep in the mountains that the players have to spend time finding.

Do you have to put anything special in the module for it to be picked up? I don't use the optional files and I honestly have no clue now how to tap into the "custom compositions" included into ALiVE now that you can't pick from a dropdown.

If I was to just place a module down, and place maybe a shack or building and don't adjust any of the module settings (aside from the number of units), are you saying that works?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!