Decent Middle Eastern Map

1. 6 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for a good quality Middle East map that isn't Takistan for once. I don't like too much desert. Does anyone have any good options for maps?

Looking for a large amount of room as well to conduct multiple operations at the same time without interfering with each other.

2. LYTHIUM

Not just Middle Eastern..it's, in my opinion, the best non-official map in ARMA.

Only issue is some of the custom buildings are indestructible...but that is a very small issue when compared to how amazing the map is.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

3. @AUTigerGrad

That is what I was going to try tonight. Does it work well with ALiVE?

4. @AUTigerGrad

Have any templates for the map yet?

5. Yes...go to my Steam Workshop (AuburnAlumni)

Mission Name: Operation Lythium. PBO link is on the workshop page as well. It's an amazing map.

6. Thanks will give it a try, and check it out.

7. @AUTigerGrad Only issue is some of the custom buildings are indestructible...but that is a very small issue when compared to how amazing the map is.

We've also found some walls that are a little out of place and also able to be walked through (although not shot through) but yeah it's a beautiful map, and we're starting our mission tonight.

8. So glad i looked at this post i found my north Africa map! Is there a just map download away from the full ffa mod?

9. Lythium is probably not a great choice for Africa, TBH. It's a good approximation for Afghanistan. Either way, yes it is standalone on Steam Workshop.

10. Well I'll be damned. JBAD is apparently getting an update soon. :) Workshop page has confirmed maybe within a week. Nice!

11. Here's hoping that fixes the problems they seem to have with ALiVE

12. I won't impact civs spawns. Or at least I doubt it. But it will according to the author fix the issues with buildings blowing up too easily and other things like that.

13. Couldn't find any thread for the Lythium map on the BI forums, so...

Has there been any improvements regarding civs on Lythium?

14. @Easy Couldn't find any thread for the Lythium map on the BI forums, so...

Has there been any improvements regarding civs on Lythium?

No. In all likelihood, the map will need to be reindexed, which probably won't happen until the next Lythium update. And even then, I personally have my doubts it will help unless a dev investigates, because the last map to use JBAD, Diyala before it converted to CUP, had civ spawns issues too, which didn't get fixed until it was indexed for CUP.

That said, JBAD has updated as well so maybe a fresh Indexing will help. We'll see.

15. Oh, I see. It's such a shame. The map really is breathtaking but Alive insurgencies fall flat fast.

16. Agreed. Lythium is popular enough I have a feeling once it updates again the civ thing will be looked at a bit more closely. That's just a guess so no promises!

17. @Churlish Church I have been on the lookout for a decent North African map

18. @Inspire1 Isla Duala is one of my all time favorite maps period. Specifically geared towards African campaigns.

N'Ziwasogo, despite using older jungle assets...still a great map and HUUUUUUGE (but pure jungle).

Kidal is another very big map that is an actual recreation of Western Africa in Mali.

There is also Mogadishu but that one appears to be bugged since the 64 bit update.

19. @AUTigerGrad When you conduct operations, how do you well start? I mean do you plan out accordingly to where you will strike, and how to conduct Intel correctly..

20. @Inspire1 Insurgency? Typically try to clear area around FOB...followed by patrols of nearby villages...followed by move towards establishing a secondary FOB in most active area (I typically have starting spawn point, then a secondary moveable spawn point that can be positioned where needed).

That's the typical strategy we use.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!