Decent Middle Eastern Map

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

So glad i looked at this post i found my north Africa map! Is there a just map download away from the full ffa mod?

3. Lythium is probably not a great choice for Africa, TBH. It's a good approximation for Afghanistan. Either way, yes it is standalone on Steam Workshop.

4. Well I'll be damned. JBAD is apparently getting an update soon. :) Workshop page has confirmed maybe within a week. Nice!

5. Here's hoping that fixes the problems they seem to have with ALiVE

6. I won't impact civs spawns. Or at least I doubt it. But it will according to the author fix the issues with buildings blowing up too easily and other things like that.

7. Couldn't find any thread for the Lythium map on the BI forums, so...

Has there been any improvements regarding civs on Lythium?

8. @Easy Couldn't find any thread for the Lythium map on the BI forums, so...

Has there been any improvements regarding civs on Lythium?

No. In all likelihood, the map will need to be reindexed, which probably won't happen until the next Lythium update. And even then, I personally have my doubts it will help unless a dev investigates, because the last map to use JBAD, Diyala before it converted to CUP, had civ spawns issues too, which didn't get fixed until it was indexed for CUP.

That said, JBAD has updated as well so maybe a fresh Indexing will help. We'll see.

9. Oh, I see. It's such a shame. The map really is breathtaking but Alive insurgencies fall flat fast.

10. Agreed. Lythium is popular enough I have a feeling once it updates again the civ thing will be looked at a bit more closely. That's just a guess so no promises!

11. @Churlish Church I have been on the lookout for a decent North African map

12. @Inspire1 Isla Duala is one of my all time favorite maps period. Specifically geared towards African campaigns.

N'Ziwasogo, despite using older jungle assets...still a great map and HUUUUUUGE (but pure jungle).

Kidal is another very big map that is an actual recreation of Western Africa in Mali.

There is also Mogadishu but that one appears to be bugged since the 64 bit update.

13. @AUTigerGrad When you conduct operations, how do you well start? I mean do you plan out accordingly to where you will strike, and how to conduct Intel correctly..

14. @Inspire1 Insurgency? Typically try to clear area around FOB...followed by patrols of nearby villages...followed by move towards establishing a secondary FOB in most active area (I typically have starting spawn point, then a secondary moveable spawn point that can be positioned where needed).

That's the typical strategy we use.

15. @AUTigerGrad How do you do this movable respawn point thing? Is it an ACE feature or something?

16. @HeroesandvillainsOS Scripted in. Works great for us.

17. @AUTigerGrad @HeroesandvillainsOS Scripted in. Works great for us.

Yeah? I'm gonna have to hop on with you guys again soon. Been bored as shit most nights anyway and keep forgetting about your ops.

18. @AUTigerGrad Would facing off against one of the custom African Factions, such as the rebels, be good enough for conventional warfare or insurgency? I kinda want both worlds, but I also want to face the enemy face on like they would over in the Mali Conflict if you catch my drift.

19. @Inspire1 Are you asking if the factions are fleshed out? Yes they are. If you want the best of both worlds, you can set IND to a coventional threat and OPFOR as an assymetric threat for example. I have a Steam Workshop campaign that does this called "The Deadly Shadows".

20. @AUTigerGrad Can you send me a link to that mission so i can check it out?

21. @Inspire1 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888969554

or Sign Up to reply!