Issue with Civilian/insurgency spawn

1. 4 years ago

Hello all,

I'm working on an Alive Lythium campaign, with conventional force-on-force as well as an insurgency faction. Everything spawns just fine when launched from the editor, but civs do no spawn and I get insurgency errors when launched normally.

When in the editor, I test the campaign by starting it from the editor. The civs spawn fine, as well as the insurgency force. I can see them in the debug and using Zeus I can see the civs and insurgency all over the map. There are no errors popping up.

However, when I actually play it via LAN hosting (and my dedicated server), the civs show in debug, but do not actually spawn in the map. I go to the homes they are showing in debug, but no civ spawn in any of the locations I've checked that show in debug.

Also, when in-game, I get error that no insurgency forces can spawn and something to the effect that I need a placement module. I have placement modules, and they spawn just fine when launched via editor, just not when launched from MP menu.

Any ideas of why this would happen?

Thanks and good day!
    DrDetroit

2. Civs are getting a lot of dev attention recently... boy are you gonna love the next update!!

3. @DrDetroit Our main man @Tupolov was so inspired by lack of civ spawns on Lythium, he basically completely re-wrote our civ spawning code, and then went nuts adding other neat features.

I know you know how to build missions very well, so here I doubt you are doing anything wrong. I’ll be sure to test or ask our other testers if they can confirm civs actually spawn in LAN on Lythium with our upcoming update.

4. Thanks HAV and Savage. I will use Fata or Sanguin (sp?) in the meantime until Alive update released

Hope you are well HAV!

5. I suggest Sangin over FATA at least until the update is released. FATA has a real issue with civ spawns in the main town.

We recently finished a Sangin campaign, and it was one of my favourite missions I've made. It's a great map.

6. Thanks for the heads up JD. Sangin is a cool map, I'll use that until next Alive update.

7. Sangin is my favorite map too.

8. Just ran a LAN session through the editor on Lythium with the dev build and civs are spawning. Holy crap this new civ stuff is incredible. I can’t wait for you all to experience it. @AUTigerGrad (AuburnAlumni on Steam) has a dev build of ALiVE on his Workshop. Feel free to check it out!

9. Yeah i had a play around with it the other day, the ambient sounds, the crowds forming, and all the civilians, it's awesome. Can't wait for the release, it's almost going to be worth an "ALiVE 2.0 - Rise of the Insurgents"

10. Does the new Update include indexing for the new dlc contet ? Eg. Factions and map

11. Not as of yet.. unless the devs buy copies it will be difficult to get done. Also I hear the configs are not following BIS standards (SHOCKING!!!) so there will need to be some manual work done so that the new factions work 'out of the box'.

12. Well I will have to grab the dev build tonight then! Can't wait to check it out. Sounds fantastic

Thanks for the heads up!

13. Care of @AUTigerGrad

14. @SavageCDN Holy S**T is that on Lythium ? I can finally die in peace

15. @Bl4ckwo0lf not sure for this vid but I ran an op on Lythium last night and it’s incredible. Next release is gonna be great.

16. Yes that is Lythium.

We've also implemented African regional sounds, etc. as well. If you are using CUP or CFP Civilian factions, it will automatically use the appropriate region specific sounds in game.

17. When guys? I need to know when? I just got back to Arma after a years hiatus and this just... I’m at a loss for words. I can’t wait to get my hands on this.

18. @Easy Soon.

or Sign Up to reply!