From ALiVE Wiki
The Military modules are the heart of ALiVE and provide a simple yet highly flexible tool for creating almost any scenario. Military modules require the Virtual AI module to be present.
Military Placement & Objectives
- Military Placement (Military Objectives) Places military groups and also defines military objectives for a Military AI Commander.
- Military Placement (Civilian Objectives) Places military groups and also defines civilian infrastructure objectives a Military AI Commander.
- Military Placement (Custom Objectives) Place a custom objective anywhere on the map, with an optional pre-configured composition model and occupying units.
- Military Close Quarters Battle The Military CQB module populates towns and built up areas with AI garrisons & patrols. Alternatively, syncing this module to a Military AI Commander set to Asymmetric will garrison his installations.
- Military IED Threat Provides an ambient IED and VB-IED threat. Alternatively, syncing this module to a Military AI Commander set to Asymmetric allows for a more realistic simulation of IED tactics, taking the IED all the way from the factory floor, to the hands of a collaborator, to a roadside.
Operational Command & Logistics
- Military AI Commander The Military AI Commander, also commonly referred to as an OPCOM, or Operational Commander, orders AI groups to attack and defend objectives or conduct insurgency operations.
- Military Air Component Commander MACC takes command of all air assets in theatre and issues Air Tasking Orders to available aircraft.
- Military Logistics The battlefield logistics system maintains the operational effectiveness of combat units. Military AI Commanders will utilize the logistics system to call for battle casualty replacements and resupply. Players can access the same system to request their own additional resources using Player Combat Logistics .
- Military AI Skill Provides a feature to define AI Skill as per the BI Wiki. Note: this may conflict with other third party addons that affect AI Skill.
- Asymmetric Warfare Environment A guide to the Asymmetric Warfare Environment, in which Military AI Commanders focus on insurgency tactics.
- TAOR A short explanation of how Tactical Areas of Responsibility work in conjunction with ALiVE Military.