VCom and ALiVE

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

I wouldn't want to disable a whole force from VCOM. Just any AI under player control. It would be a horrible mismatch to have one force using VCOM and another one not using! There are way too many good features. I will contact the person who made VCOM and see if it would be possible to have it disable as you described, when under control of an active player.

3. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

I notice this behavior too, where my AI are not responding to me and yet seem to be acknowledging orders. However, generally this behavior happens after I've been killed and respawn in.

What usually works is to select F1 (yourself), then '0', then '1' which is "done". Sometimes I'll have to select my entire platoon, then F1, '0' and "done".

75% of the time this works. I've noticed this behavior for years now, it seems.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

4. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is there any way to disable VCOM automatically on all air units with the current version? I'm still seeing especially military logistic choppers bringing reinforcements just hanging in the air doing nothing, and as far as I know, there's no way to disable VCOM from them with the "(group this) setVariable.." command.

5. Okay i have scavenged the internet attempting to find two things to help fix my issues with VCOM & ALiVE. So much seems outdated so i am making this post.

I have already followed most guides to the best of my ability. I am running the scripted version of Vcom 3

Urelated to ALiVE, can somebody help with with getting the VCOM customized settings file working with my dedicated server, i feel like im making a noob mistske in the placement of the file, but no matter what i try the server loads with default Vcom settings. I have file patching turned on and again followed most guides

Currently This is where I thought it needed to be - This being my TADST launcher folder.

D:\Games\Arma3\A3Master\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV3.hpp

I have also tried it locally in my own game folder but that didnt make sense anyway as well as the TADST profiles folder. Im so lost with this one. Please help.

-Specifically with ALiVE & VCom

I am currently having issues with the the AI commander CAS units (forget what the module is called) that i have manually placed (empty) following the guide. This causes for the siren & the pilots to run to the helicopters.

Two things happen: Vcom takes over the pilots when they are standing waiting for a call and on occasion the helecopters will RTB but never land. Ive also noticed pilot helicopters resupplying troops behave...odly to say the least.

I have already followed guides for setting up Vcom to ignore helicopers in my missions init.sqf but it is possible I did something wrong but it seems like its working since Player CAS is working normally.

Any help is much appreciated

6. Now that I've been running a dedi server for my persistant Arma3/Alive campaigns, I'm going to try Vcom again, but as a script, loaded in my server this time.

My question is, do I just copy past the script from Vcom into my server config files or just FTP the @vcom folder into my server game files?

Thanks in advance!
    DrDetroit

7. Edited 5 years ago by YonV

Just get the script version and copy the vcom folder to the mission, (I use the their github, I think its more up to date, maybe?)

and add the following to your init.sqf

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // VCOM AI 																																		//
    // https://github.com/genesis92x/VcomAI-3.0      			  											//
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Exec Vcom AI function
    _vcom = [] execVM "Vcom\VcomInit.sqf";
    waitUntil {scriptDone _vcom};

//Globally disable VCOM_AI for Air units including Combat Support and Logistics. 
    [{{Driver _x setvariable ["NOAI",true];} foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf 'air'});}, 1, []] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler;

and the following in to your description.ext

// CfgFunctions																																//
    class CfgFunctions 
    {
    	#include "Vcom\cfgFunctions.hpp"
    };
    // Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers																							//
    class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
    	VCM_CBASettings = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Vcom\Functions\VCM_CBASettings.sqf";
    };
    // CfgRemoteExec																															//
    class CfgRemoteExec
    {
    	// List of script functions allowed to be sent from client via remoteExec
    	class Functions
    	{
    		mode = 2;
    		jip = 1;		

class vcm_serverask { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };
    		class VCM_PublicScript { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };
    		class BIS_fnc_debugConsoleExec { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };
    		class SpawnScript { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };
    		class enableSimulationGlobal { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };
    		class VCM_fnc_KnowAbout { allowedTargets = 0;jip = 1; };

};

};
  8. Thank you YonV! Much appreciated!

9. 4 years ago

If you grab the latest script version you don't need anything in the init and the code for disabling air units shouldn't work because the variable names have changed.

I just add (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; to the code line for all the supports and any other units I want to disable VCOM on

10. JD ; do you add this varable to the ini in the support module?

11. Edited 4 years ago by YonV

The code line of the support module I believe

12. Yeah throw it in the code field

13. I mean, I run VCOM ASR Bcombat and some personal scripts as well with ALiVE, anything goes. ALiVE just handles placements really...

14. For a week now my games fps drops so much and it will also freeze commonly. I tested a quick mission where im a tank driver with 2 members. The fps drops significantly. I removed vcom and retried. Perfect fps. I believe vcom is breaking my games

15. VCOM has been a resource hog for a bit now,

16. so i have been using ASR for a bit and i noticed i can't call logistics with it

17. I have been running a combination of

Tactical Combat Link - ( TypeX )
    https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/221659-tactical-combat-link-typex/

And LAMBs
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962792796/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

18. Whilst in Zeus and watching friendly units, I have noticed a weird bug. The unit will stand still, and start to raise their gun, then lower, then raise.
    Almost as if they are stuck in a half completed animation loop?

19. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by Beyaco

Thank you JD_Wang, VCOM stopped taking over my combat support! However, I believe I may have come across another similar problem. When running missions, say, to rescue a downed pilot, everything goes according to plan, you can find the pilot, it pops a blue "beacon" marker on the map, I can even walk up and rescue him...But, if I am not there within seconds, he will just run off like a bat out of a cave and I presume following VCOM's script...Any suggestions? As it stands, I am just blacklisting any missions that have to do with AI. However, I haven't had any issues with "troop insertion" missions at the moment.

20. Deleted 3 years ago by Beyaco
  21. Honestly this is half the reason I stopped using VCOM and now run a combination of LAMBS Danger fsm and CF_BAI as neither mod generate waypoints so you don't have helicopters all flying off, or any of the other funky stuff that happens with VCOM.

The only thing I miss is VCOM's ability to deployable static weapons (something nkenny has talked about for LAMBS) but that's just a small niche case

or Sign Up to reply!