Mission not saving

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@Shamorshin

Pull the VCOM assets, place them in your mission folder with mission.sqm with [] execVM "VCOMAI\init.sqf"; in your init.sqf in the folder to enable VCOM.

Can you provide some clarification on this?

I am running an Alive insurgency on Lythium and am running into saving issues. I am using ACE, VCOM, and RHS.

After I made the mission I started it up on a local dedicated server for a quick test and had no problem. After fooling around for 15 minutes I was able to use "Server Save & Exit" and everything went normal.

When I rejoined the mission, persistence was working normally. After playing for a few hours I tried to "Server Save & Exit." The tablet was showing that it was stuck on "ALiVE Persistence - Saving Data...Please Wait."

I have the 2.94 VCOM AI script folder and init.sqf in my mission folder. Is there something else I need to do to apply the fix you describe?

3. I find the issue about persistence.

On my side persistence not work if i launch the server with -autoInit

I give a try this morning without -autoInit and that work, but its weird.

The screen pop up (saving data...) and stuck, i look at the server console and i see game finished, i press escape the save screen gone and im able to move. I leave the server, log again,(mission load) choose a slot and my crate and vehicle are saved.

I close the server, and launch it with -autoInit command, the game load the persistence (i found myself my vehicle and the crate where i leave), i move again the crate and the vehicle, do a server save and exit and same thing the mission restart after 5 second.

I choose a slot, enter the server and player persistence is not loaded (i spawn at the start zone not where i leave) and the previous save is loaded (when the server was running without -autoInit).

I try this with Cloud or Local save, without -autoInit persistence work, with -autoInit thats not work

4. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hi there. An issue has been isolated and fixed internally with saving, where server save and exit could be unresponsive. Fairly certain this was only an issue with Local saving, and only if using a LAN server. Although I could be wrong and the fix might be more robust (in fact it almost certainly does more than what I said lol).

I’ll see if I can get Bradon to post the fix here for you all to test to see if it also addresses your issues.

5. Edited 5 years ago by deimer

Thank you very much. If it works, the fix includes the VCOM issue? Or is that something separate?

6. Hey, Heroes asked me to post a link to the fixed pbo.
    This only fixes saving when playing as the server (ie. hosted environment) - if you use a dedicated server don't get this
    This is not an official release and is not signed - if you want to play MP on servers that check signatures, don't get this
    The fix or its equivalent will make it into the next ALiVE release, so if you don't know if you need it, don't get it.
    Download x_lib.pbo, replace the existing one in your alive folder.
    https://github.com/AusTac/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.6.1-Hosted

7. Ok i host a server at home with internet connection, i will try x_lib.pbo and tell you if its work

8. Just try local save

@bradont Hey, Heroes asked me to post a link to the fixed pbo.
    This only fixes saving when playing as the server (ie. hosted environment) - if you use a dedicated server don't get this
    This is not an official release and is not signed - if you want to play MP on servers that check signatures, don't get this
    The fix or its equivalent will make it into the next ALiVE release, so if you don't know if you need it, don't get it.

Ok i give a try with the new x_lib.pbo Local save work perfectly thanks!!!

9. Edited 5 years ago by deimer

@JohnHenry @Shamorshin

Can you provide some clarification on this?

I am running an Alive insurgency on Lythium and am running into saving issues. I am using ACE, VCOM, and RHS.

After I made the mission I started it up on a local dedicated server for a quick test and had no problem. After fooling around for 15 minutes I was able to use "Server Save & Exit" and everything went normal.

When I rejoined the mission, persistence was working normally. After playing for a few hours I tried to "Server Save & Exit." The tablet was showing that it was stuck on "ALiVE Persistence - Saving Data...Please Wait."

I have the 2.94 VCOM AI script folder and init.sqf in my mission folder. Is there something else I need to do to apply the fix you describe?

Make sure you're using the latest VCOM from their github.

10. @bradont Hey, Heroes asked me to post a link to the fixed pbo.

The link for the temporary solution is broken, is it possible to have a fixed link to it? if it's too much a bother i'll just wait for the next update no worries.

11. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Use the workaround I typed out below where you type in the saving code manually in the debug menu.

@HeroesandvillainsOS Thanks for the report. I’ve already seen this issue and reported it to our Dev Slack.

For now you can run 1 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS

In the debug console to do a manual save (without exit). Then run it againwith -1 after you get the save message. It SHOULD work for now.

12. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

^ you may need to enable debug console in your mission though. There’s an option for it in the editor, or you can put enableDebugConsole= 1; in your description.ext file in your mission root folder (either or, not both).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_Debug_Console_(Arma_3 )

13. @HeroesandvillainsOS Use the workaround I typed out below where you type in the saving code manually in the debug menu.

Well I did try the debug console command workaround before posting in this thread (should have mentioned it in my previous post my bad), but it doesn't do anything, it doesn't even bring up the alive tablet nor do I get any messages. Still thanks for helping out ;)

Checked the RPT file after trying the debug console command once more and it throws some error such as "18:34:56 Error in expression <1 call_Alive_fnc_AutoSave_PNS>
    18:34:57 Error position: <call_Alive_fnc_AutoSave_PNS>
    18:34:57 Error Missing ;"

14. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Fairly certain ALiVE written like this is not optional, and needs to be written exactly how I have it in the code (all capital with a lower case i ). Try putting a ; after it also to see if that works.

I’m not 100% on this but try it.

Also be sure to click local exec when running the code.

15. Tried it with ALiVE written correctly this time and using local exec, but it doesn't do anything either, also tried putting ";" but still no luck.
    The RPT shows the same error as when I forgot the caps on "Alive":

"19:35:34 Error in expression <1 call_ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS>
    19:35:34 Error position: <call_ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS>
    19:35:34 Error Missing ;"

"19:36:08 Error in expression <1 call_ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS;>
    19:36:08 Error position: <call_ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS;>
    19:36:08 Error Missing ;"

16. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

EDIT: there is no underscore needed after using call. See my post above with the code. Copy and paste if you have to. That’s the problem.

17. Remove the underscore between "call" and "ALiVE" from "call_ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS". :P

18. I know my bad. I tried to unping you but I guess I couldn’t unring that bell fast enough. Sorry :)

19. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I accidentally wrote it with the underscore after call above. Oooopppppppss :(

Fixed

20. That underscore was the problem indeed, I tried the console command with the underscore removed and it saved the mission. I got the hint pop up saying Alive was saving and such, and then that saving was finished. I then closed the mission and restarted it to see if the save actually worked and if it would load properly, and as far as I could tell the save seems to have loaded without problem (player position, time of the day, and so forth). So all is good now I guess.

Just putting this here in case someone miss the solution in the top comments:
    //for manual save, type the following command in the debug console, be sure to click local exec to run the code
    1 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS
    //wait for the save message to appear, once it says saving is finished, type in the following command
    -1 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS

Thanks a bunch for the help @HeroesandvillainsOS & @marceldev89 I really appreciate it :)

21. Edited 5 years ago by Nichols

@HeroesandvillainsOS or @marceldev89

Disregard below....my testing shows that neither VCOM or Incognito using the same functions impact our community's ability to have a persistent save with ALiVE. We have something else creating our problem. Time for more testing.

I hate to bring this up here but I think VCOM might have been the problem. Not 100% sure as this is out of my league for sure but I found an older thread in here that pointed towards a problem with CfgRemoteExec breaking some parts of mods.

I haven't reached out on the VCOM GitHub yet to get their ideas on possible issues. Since I just discovered this with our dedicated server and trying to save back to the War Room yesterday its been rather hectic searching for a fix. I also haven't spent too much time tracking this down right now as it may necessitate a rewrite of a mission I am currently running.

or Sign Up to reply!