Using ACE IEDs?

1. 8 years ago

About to dive into replacing the placed ALiVE IEDs with ACE3 ones when the server spawns them. Has anyone else attempted this before?

2. Tupolov

9 Sep 2015 Administrator

Doubt they will work with ALiVE IED unfortunately as we config our own and they are hard coded into the ALiVE IED functions. Let us know how you get on though...

3. Without looking at the responsible code I figured as much. I'll take a stab at it once the dust settles on the linux plugin testing.

4. Tupolov

9 Sep 2015 Administrator

If people are interested in compatibility with ACE3 IED, give us some more info and let us know what you specifically you are looking for.

5. After some playing this weekend with the IEDs, I should for starters say: well done. My feature request for ACE compatibility (when the mod is present), would be:

• Requiring the disarm kit ACE_DefusalKit
    • Using this to detect explosives module disarm settings [player] call ACE_Explosives_fnc_canDefuse
    • Calling the ACE disarm function to resolve possible detonation (chance is based on caller) [player, leBomb] call ACE_Explosives_fnc_StartDefuse;
  6. Tupolov

19 Sep 2015 Administrator

Nice one thanks for that.

1. ok, so you want to be able to define separate devices for detection and disarm?
    2. Doesn't your second point override your first? Do you want us to check to see if the player can defuse? Or do you want us to just check for ACE_DefusalKit?
    3. So ability to call the ACE defuse script instead of our disarm script? all the time? or randomly? What does that script do?
  7. Answers inline:

ok, so you want to be able to define separate devices for detection and disarm?

Yes plz. The following answers explain why.

Do you want us to check to see if the player can defuse? Or do you want us to just check for ACE_DefusalKit?

Hoping we can test for both conditions, there's actually a decent reason for this. The disarming stuff is configured by module in ACE. This lets groups decide their rulesets. For instance: in our group anyone can disarm, but certain unit types (engineer/demo) are less likely to suffer a catastrophic failure. In another group they might set it to all units able to disarm. By testing for both, it would be compatible regardless of how the mission was configured for disarm settings.

So ability to call the ACE defuse script instead of our disarm script? all the time? or randomly? What does that script do?

All the time if present. The module decides ability to disarm, and chance of failure if possible. It throws up the standard ACE interaction timer, you hold your breathe and hope that nothing blows up, then it destroys the object (IED) in question. That interaction instead of the mouse-wheel menu is the strong driver here.

Their goal-state is to remove the need for mouse-wheel menu actions, as a big fan of both mods I'd love to keep whining to keep them cleanly compatible.

8. Edited 8 years ago by GhostNI

I would love the IEDS to be diffused by A. An eod tech and B. Ace 3 difusal kit. Maybe options in the ied module like....
    Who can diffuse? Everyone or eod tech.
    % chance of explosion during diffuse.....
    Everyone 55% etc.
    EOD Tech 2%

Also if it's not to much work :) IEDS that don't use the random buckets, tyres, scrap metal etc. Custom mounds of dirt sand or small rock piles with wires poking through (see EODS mods ieds).
    Also last I checked ACE3 explosive charges did not det alive ieds. We had to bring vanilla ones that use the scroll wheel.

EODS ieds look like a roughed up piece of dirt,sand,rocks etc. When u approach if it you get an option to investigate/brush/ dig up etc to check if fake or real. If real the ied is exposed (bit like vanilla dug in) and then we diffuse.
    Would love something like this in ALIVE :)

9. 7 years ago

Hate to dredge up an old thread, but was this ever implemented? I run a high realism OIF/OEF style mission with ACE and RHS, and simply can't get IED'S to appear much at all. Tried the most intensive settings and still never really saw them.

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Not having any IED'S is a different issue from this thread, wait until the insurgents construct IED factories and then until they target a cluster of civilians.

You can set civilian hostility towards the insurgents to extreme to make this a more likely event.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If you absolutely must have IED's on the battlefield at the beginning of the mission, and don't want to wait for the Assymetric commander to establish his installations, place an IED module unsynced. If you'd only like them to be placed in areas where the enemy are/could be, use the "enemy occupied" setting in the module.

I had it set to medium (unsynced) in a mission recently and it was still too much for me. They were everywhere. Syncing it to the Assymetric commander, even on extreme settings, can take quite some time to populate.

12. @Tupolov If people are interested in compatibility with ACE3 IED, give us some more info and let us know what you specifically you are looking for.

Hi,
    I'm building a Takistan scenario and I'm trying to make everything as realistic as possible. That means an EOD should have "a job" to do and will need knowledge and training to do his job. An integration of ACE in one way or the other is a must for me. If I can't get it to run with alive I might need to use another addon for IED placement. Still need my resources for the foundatioon of the map and it will take month until I have time to work on it myself though. If someone else would built it in, it would be great.

13. Tupolov

1 Nov 2016 Administrator

Can you guys submit a ticket? https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

14. I'd second a inclusion of ace compatibilty with IEDs. As a very large group of the ALiVE community also use ACE, it would be a welcome addition.

My dream scenario would be to see ALiVE incorporate some features that E.O.D. suite uses in that mod (trigger men, different types of IEDs, etc.)

One last thing on IEDs I think would be useful would be to add one line to the Assymetric commander where if you chose to already have some installations enabled (which we can) you also had a sub-line under that which said "Existing IEDs already placed? (none, low, med, high, extreme)."

Finally...adding Spyder's civilian interaction and ambience modules as actual ALiVE built in components would be pretty awesome as well.

That concludes Drew's Assymetric ALiVE wishlist.

15. That's pretty much my entire wishlist as well.
    I'm very close to adding the EOD mod to my mission, but adding another mechanic to a mission hurts bad.

Trigger men with cellphones would be amazing, along with more IED types and ACE interaction. Then the only thing missing would be the jammer backpacks EOD uses, but I wouldn't expect to see that in ALiVE (as nice as that would be)

I'm surprised Spyders addons haven't be added in already, they add so much to the game, and anyone not using them is really missing out. Also when you use Spyders interaction it doesn't give the option to possibly "reduce tension" by talking to elders etc.

I've been adding BIS minefield modules to my map lately along certain roads/choke points. If you make them fairly large but only populate them with a few mines then they're an ok way to start with random roadside explosives. But as AUTigerGrad says, it'd be nice to have a selection for number of IED's already in play when the mission starts.

16. The Alive IED Module can support placing at start or placing over time, selected by sync or nosync. How about giving it a button to do both?

@JD_Wang
    Is your placing through the BIS minefields working properly with ACE mine detectors?

17. Yeah using the BIS minefields works perfectly. We use the 3CB mine detector, but I believe that's the same as the ACE one anyway

18. Edited 7 years ago by Opendome

One odd thing is when I switch it over to third party in the IED module, the IEDs spawn perfectly but they dont go off, and I am unable to get the option to use the ace defusal kit on them/interact with them

Im using

APERSTripMine,APERSMine,ATMine

19. Friznit

13 Nov 2016 Administrator

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/IED

Be sure to use the ammo classname

20. Ah perfect thanks! Also I was wondering which version is referenced for the EODs mod in that ALiVE guide? Theres tons of offshoot versions and older version floating about.

Thanks!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!