Favorite Map for ALiVE?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@dev614 Sangin is super dope, but I just feel like it's a tad too small for my taste. Takistan will always be my favorite, even though I developed a love-hate relationship for it because I can't seem to go into detail in any other insurgency missions besides my Takistan ones. I've yet to try Lythium nor Gunkizli, I'll have to check them out!

There was a super dope African map that I really enjoyed a while back too, though the indexing was a bit wonky and AI had a hard time using vehicles because 90% of the map was jungles - it started with a Z, I forget what it was called.

Only one I know of with a Z is Ziwasogo by G.O.S.

3. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It’s N’Ziwasogo and at least for me, I have problems with using ALiVE on it (horrible performance and crashes) but others swear it works for them so maybe give it a shot.

4. Altis - Everything just works, buildings are all enterable and it's huge

Takistan - Everything works, buildings are all enterable, it's the perfect setting and performance is amazing.

Compared to those everything else is subpar :P Lythium looks amazing, but due to a combination of the buildings and the way the map is defined (I assume) the spawns are terrible with huge dead areas and towns that feel empty.

Gunkizli - is a good map, but like most of Makhno's maps it's just a bit too flat for my liking. I prefer a few hills/valleys etc but that's just personal preference.

Malden - is great, but has a couple of issues with the carrier (if you use it) and can be a little small for larger groups.

Tanoa - is cool, but performance isn't great and unenterable buildings just ruin a map in my opinion.

Diyala - is a good map if you have a small group, it looks amazing and runs/spawns much better since they changed to CUP buildings. Few performance issues around the main town and the AI don't like the water features that divide the map, but other than that it's pretty good.

5. Friznit

10 Dec 2017 Administrator

Staszow from IF4 Lite is a lovely map - big open terrain, lots of enterable buildings and works great with ALiVE.

6. @Friznit Staszow from IF4 Lite is a lovely map - big open terrain, lots of enterable buildings and works great with ALiVE.

Post your mission please or I won’t believe you ;)

7. Isla Duala - my favorite map. 1. I love the barbed wire border between nations 2. It's an African map...something we DESPERATELY need more of IMO. I'm a sucker for African conflict scenarios.

Sangin - Love the layout. One of the best IMO. Performance is so so but the goodies on the map make up for that IMO

Al Rayak - It's huge and has some nice town layouts.

Diyala - well thought out, gorgeous layout. Also one of the few maps that depicts Iraq.

FATA - awesome prebuilt FOBs, awesome performance, great layout. Probably my favorite ME map right now (Lythium is great too but has too many bugs right now)

8. Friznit

11 Dec 2017 Administrator

Reshmaan best maan

9. What works and what I want to work are two different lists, sadly. I suspect Altis might still be the best for balance of all, especially ALiVE. For looks, in the ME it's Lythium. Having to boost the civvies and some issues. FATA, which comes as my 2. Prei Kmaoch (sp.) is possibly the best Jungle looking at ground level but playing on it is... well let's just say jungle warfare isn't what it is cracked up to be and misses buildings and thus objectives for ALiVE. But if you like twitch gaming and spamming trees with nades, its got immersion. ALiVE isn't sure what to do with it though. I suppose old faithful Takistan needs a mention. The i44 maps turn me off but Staznow has great connecting roadways which ALiVE might thrive on.

10. 5 years ago

So it's now July of 2018. Been looking for more suggestions due to all the new maps and updates to old maps.

By any chance? Is there any really good map for more infantry / motorized gameplay? Looking to do an ALIVE for a smaller group of people and most maps are just too big for us.

11. For what it's worth we just finished a mission on Napf, it's a big map but we're only a small group and had a ton of fun on it. I did have to reindex it though, but if you search these forums you'll find the index thread.

I'm kind of in a rut at the moment too when it comes to which map to start a new mission on. I'd give my left nut for Lythium to work properly, but I've just about given up on that dream ever coming true. I'm pretty sure it'll take ALiVE devs sitting down with JBAD devs and FFAA devs to actually work out what's wrong. Alas that just isn't a priority.

12. @JD_Wang For what it's worth we just finished a mission on Napf, it's a big map but we're only a small group and had a ton of fun on it. I did have to reindex it though, but if you search these forums you'll find the index thread.

I'm kind of in a rut at the moment too when it comes to which map to start a new mission on. I'd give my left nut for Lythium to work properly, but I've just about given up on that dream ever coming true. I'm pretty sure it'll take ALiVE devs sitting down with JBAD devs and FFAA devs to actually work out what's wrong. Alas that just isn't a priority.

Lythium would be great but yeah, it would need some serious sit down time to unscrew it. I also hate how all the jungle / african maps have that two colored tree bug. Super annoying.

13. Lythium recently has been amazing for me. I like remaking superpower missions. Was working on a recreation of the Syrian War for about a week now. Only issue i had to work around with is manually place air assets and sync it with the virtual ai spawner. CAS works and everything. Especially with vcom

14. Edited 5 years ago by Seagull

@Shizak Hows the spawning? I know there's problems with insurgency and civ spawns, but are traditional occupation/invasion spawns working properly? I would love to do a campaign on that amazing map, but having kilometers without any enemys makes a mission really boring.

15. Anyone tried making a mission on Australia?

16. Sangin, how did you guys get it working? I have nothing but errors trying to load this map. What mod is needed to include the structures?

17. @SINS works for me last I checked. Are you using the A2 version? If using the A3 version of Sangin, don’t. You want to be using A2 Sangin that comes with the desert and winter maps, as seen and linked here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959751256

18. Odd, I tried both.

19. You need cup core and terrain for the A2 sangin map, that might be causing errors

20. Seagull if you set up lythium right...you can flood it with bad guys. It is fun

21. And ai aircraft can now takeoff and pand at both airports

or Sign Up to reply!