ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

@SpyderBlack723 am I able to edit the unit subcategories (Infantry, Armor, Men, Helicopters, ect.) In the current build?

3. By that I mean change
    Men-
    Rifleman
    Grenaider
    Auto Rifleman

to

Infantry-
    Rifleman
    Grenaider
    Auto Rilfeman

4. You can do that manually, but you have to add those subcategories to config before using them.

5. Hi, I've been trying to create a custom ADF Faction, i copied one that was not compatible with Alive http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30792&highlight=AUSSIE%2BPACK and organised it into usable Alive compatible groups.

I tried to follow the steps from here:
    http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Generate_Config

and here:

they seems to be 2 different methods.. and not specfic enough for someone who doesnt know coding like me, like pasting where exactly, where to save etc... but whatever

I didnt add any new units from other factions, bc when i did and went to edit a unit loadout, Arma crashed on me.. i did the simplest of changes to the faction to export a structured usable Alive compatible FACTION for a mission but///

i am getting this error which i dont know how to solve:

-------------------
    Binarize - found: 'X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\binarize.exe'.
    CfgConvert - found: 'X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\CfgConvert\CfgConvert.exe'.
    DsSignFile - found: 'X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\DSSignFile\DSSignFile.exe'.
    FileBank - found: 'X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FileBank\FileBank.exe'.
    --------------------
    Builder starting...
    Clearing temp folder. [temp=]=C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Temp\addons
    Done.

Syncing folders... [source]=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@PJ_ADF_Mod\addons, [sync]=C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Temp\addons
    Done.

Converting configs ...
    - Converting cfg "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@PJ_ADF_Mod\addons\test\config.cpp"
    CfgConvert returned error. Canceling... [result]=1
    Process ended with non-zero code. Exit code: 1
    !> File D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@PJ_ADF_Mod\addons\test\CfgPatches.hpp, line 928: .CfgPatches: Member already defined.
    <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>!> File D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@PJ_ADF_Mod\addons\test\autogen.hpp, line 1195: /CfgVehicles/: 'D' encountered instead of '{'</format><args>{}</args></log4net.Error>
    !> Config : some input after EndOfFile.
    !> Error reading config file 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@PJ_ADF_Mod\addons\test\config.cpp'
    !> Class destroyed with lock count 1
    !>
    Build failed

Does anyone with more understanding than me know what im doing wrong please?

6. ok... fixed the error by opting to non binarise.. and now when i load the mod it doesnt seem to exist... Arma.. wtf is it so hard???

7. in the @testmod file we download, the included cfgpatches has a long list of stuff already in there. Do we need to keep that all in the file, or delete it all and paste our exported cfgpatches in there instead? Or does all that info already in there need to stay, and if so, do we just paste our cfgpatches below all that?

8. also, I just cannot get this to work. I am creating a new faction, using nato soldiers, but am completely changing their loadout. Everything in the autogen and cfg patches looks like it's taking, and when I pbo the faction and add it to my arma, arma crashes on startup with an error relating to the newly created faction. All the instructional vids, exclude a visualization of this part of the process, to include showing the startup of arma and the faction working. Is it just me, or is this part of the process the problem child of this whole process?

9. I haven't seen that before @cbff33

Is there an RPT from your system when you go to launch that you can share so we can take a look at what might be the cause or can you share the error message itself?

10. File test\autogen.hpp, line44: /CfgVehicles/BRR_OFFICER_01.EventHandlers:Undefined base class 'EventHandlers'

11. And it doesn't matter what I do. I can straight up copy an existing faction and create a new faction and not modify anything other than copying a faction into a new faction, and still get error messages like this. And line 44 when I looked at it, was weapon info for that soldier. This is the crap that has me just about done and burnt out on Arma. Follow directions to a T, and still can't get things to work. And not just with this but with pretty much everything in regards to creating stuff for Arma. It is beyond frustrating.

12. @cbff33 what units are you using to create the faction? I had a similar issue with VME in the beginning when I started making my Chinese unit factions a couple of years ago and their initial configs were completely screwed up and wouldn't function with ALiVE in any capacity.

13. I have tried using vanilla nato, and rhs usarmy d. same errors with any and all factions that I use vanilla or not. There is not a single video tutorial, that actually shows the new faction being packed into a pbo, and then showing that it works in Arma. Not even spyders videos dated from 2016. I follow his directions to the letter, and everything goes just like it should. until I start arma with the faction I created using his directions, then it just crashes and I have to eliminate the faction altogether just to get arma working again. I am beginning to believe that the ORBAT creator is rather buggy and that the failures people experience with using it, far outweigh the successes seen from using it. The bugginess of the various arma things in general has nearly brought me to burnout due to buggy. Almost nothing works like it should, unless you just go with a very basic gameplay.

14. done with this. even copying a faction into a new faction..nothing but turret errors and all kinds of other crap. This is some buggy stuff right here. I've reached my arma bug burnout for the decade.

15. @cbff33 Would you be willing to link me the factions you are wanting to make in a file along with your existing files and maybe I can take a look at it and see what might be the problem? AND maybe help overcome that same problem?

I am far from an expert on it but I have dealt with some pretty hard bugs in making factions and have overcome them....99% of the time and I am extremely OCD when it comes to getting it just right; so I completely understand but I am willing to give a hand if at all possible.

16. I have the same problem as

@cbff33

Some turret errors or no entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgFactionClasses'
    Tried pretty much everything..
    https://gayunicorns.com/slask/Arma3_x64_2018-11-27_21-15-41.rpt
    I think thats the right rpt
    Thanks for a great mod anyway!

17. @slampemil I have the same problem as
    Some turret errors or no entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgFactionClasses'
    Tried pretty much everything..
    https://gayunicorns.com/slask/Arma3_x64_2018-11-27_21-15-41.rpt
    I think thats the right rpt
    Thanks for a great mod anyway!

HOLY CRAP that is extremely unreadable in that state...can you just zip up the RPT and send it over? I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what that is EVEN by using ctrl-f to attempt to filter it.

18. @Nichols HOLY CRAP that is extremely unreadable in that state...can you just zip up the RPT and send it over? I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what that is EVEN by using ctrl-f to attempt to filter it.

Sorry for that!
    I will try and make a new faction without any more mods than this one, then send you the zipped RPT.
    Have a nice day!

19. @Nichols HOLY CRAP that is extremely unreadable in that state...can you just zip up the RPT and send it over? I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what that is EVEN by using ctrl-f to attempt to filter it.

Hello again! I tried today and yesterday to make a new faction by first doing a faction in the Faction screen, then import units from CSAT - OPF_F in the Unit screen.
    I then do a random outfit on like Riflemen and try to export faction.
    Now I get a error doing that. I put two screenshots of 2 different errors I get, and a zipped RPT here:
    https://gayunicorns.com/slask/
    Hope this helps!
    Have a nice friday!

20. Thanks will take a look at it tonight my time Central US when I get home from work.

21. @Nichols @cbff33 Would you be willing to link me the factions you are wanting to make in a file along with your existing files and maybe I can take a look at it and see what might be the problem? AND maybe help overcome that same problem?

I am far from an expert on it but I have dealt with some pretty hard bugs in making factions and have overcome them....99% of the time and I am extremely OCD when it comes to getting it just right; so I completely understand but I am willing to give a hand if at all possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/710615ol0ybu8gn/AADF1so08R2uKSEgw8H0TGkya?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v449nuc4kp1wle/AAAAOVAvfskO20BO0oXblUpra?dl=0

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!