Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Tupolov

26 Feb 2016 Administrator

@SOAR_Jooce I know the callExtension issue was brought up once and you responded to it @Tupolov , but could something have changed in 1.54 that doesn't like how you're managing the return values?

In relation to freezes, its not applicable as we have had freezes without using the extension (which is only required for persistence on server)

3. Does someone found what causing this hangs up?

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It is still under investigation. If you are able to supply BI with memory dumps from a crashed/frozen session they can take a deeper look.

5. Maybe it would be wise for the ALiVE team to start up a thread on the BI forums so we can all post our crash logs in one place. Though I don't think Bohemia is going to really offer to help fix anything that is not part of the vanilla game.

6. I got a 98MB Rpt file from oure last game if you want it??

7. Thanks but not needed. Whatever is happening does not get written to the RPT file. I'm not going to say much more other than the problem is still being worked on and that the devs are getting closer. Thanks everyone for your patience.

8. At this point, that's all that needs to be said. I'm glad to hear it. If at any point the ALiVE team would like the updates tested prior to an official release, feel free to contact SOAR.

9. Will do.. and thanks to the SOAR team for providing valuable reports

10. I just thought I'd mention that the crashes occur even when playing the mission without any ACE-modules on the map (but with ACE activated).

I hope the issue get's resolved! My group just started a homemade campaign using alive, ace and RHS and we haven't been able to play it due to the server crashes either. While this is frustrating to us I can imagine that it's even more frustrating for the devs, so I wish you the best of luck and just wanted to say that all of us in our group appreciates your mod and the work you do, thank you!

11. Tupolov

2 Mar 2016 Administrator

So we are getting closer to understanding the issue. We now have a solid repro (without ACE or RHS).

We believe its related to some of the remote AI functions/commands BIS provide that we leverage when distributing AI between clients and HC. We can repro when using an HC or at least putting down the HC in the mission. The mission needs at least 2 people connected.

Just an FYI. We are continuing to chase this bug

12. Awesome to hear, keep up the good work. Hopefully the chase is narrowing down now! Best of luck.

13. So does the player and that same player flying around in Zues count as 2 players? Its frozen on me when doing that.

14. Tupolov

4 Mar 2016 Administrator

We found 2 bugs that are causing a freeze in certain scenarios. One was related to a BIS function we were using. The other was related to how we were using remote AI commands.

We have a build planned for this weekend and hope to release soon. The build will include a bunch of fixes for CBA, RHS, 1.56 and much more.

We can't guarantee that this build will fix all freeze issues, we will need you guys to test to confirm.

15. Ok, good to hear. With the current build, I had the impression - as already mentioned in the previous thread by numerous people - that no single mod alone causes the freezes, but that each additional mod on top of the (by the functions you identified as per above posting) already strained server can make him more and more unstable up until the point where he crashes.

As a temporary fix I tested to play either with RHS OR with ACE, but not with both. This increased my server stabilty to a level where playing for 2-5 hours was possible. But mostly I was alone on my server and only once played for about 3 hours with a buddy in a No-ACE-COIN Mission.

Happy to hear that a fix is on the way and will gladly test the new build with the same modset I use now.

16. @Tupolov We found 2 bugs that are causing a freeze in certain scenarios. One was related to a BIS function we were using. The other was related to how we were using remote AI commands.

We have a build planned for this weekend and hope to release soon. The build will include a bunch of fixes for CBA, RHS, 1.56 and much more.

We can't guarantee that this build will fix all freeze issues, we will need you guys to test to confirm.

Thanks!

17. Tupolov

4 Mar 2016 Administrator

Thanks guys. We can repro the freeze when we hammer the server (lots of profiles, HC, persistence etc) with 2 clients connected. Like I said, I suspect there might be a couple of scenarios where a freeze can happen but we believe we have fixed 2 issues that likely contribute to the most common one.

Hoping to get a test build for you guys very soon!

18. Thanks Tupolov!

19. Schweeet! Excited for the new build!

20. @Tupolov We found 2 bugs that are causing a freeze in certain scenarios. One was related to a BIS function we were using. The other was related to how we were using remote AI commands.

This makes me happy in my face region.

21. Serious thanks for all the hard work on tracking this down, @Tupolov and the rest of the Alive team!

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!