ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

No problem, thanks for your hard work! :)

3. So last night I was trying to make a decent (in my eyes) Taliban OPFOR faction just from CUP, and then make civilians to go along with them.

I exported the Taliban faction, then built the civilian faction, exported that, made them both into PBO's as normal, but the thing is whenever I startup the editor I only see 1 or the other, never both. It's like 1 stops the other from loading.

This is probably a very simple issue for someone that knows things about configs and creating factions, but I am not that person. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong and what I can do to solve it (or at least point me in the right direction)

Thanks

4. @JD_Wang So last night I was trying to make a decent (in my eyes) Taliban OPFOR faction just from CUP, and then make civilians to go along with them.

I exported the Taliban faction, then built the civilian faction, exported that, made them both into PBO's as normal, but the thing is whenever I startup the editor I only see 1 or the other, never both. It's like 1 stops the other from loading.

This is probably a very simple issue for someone that knows things about configs and creating factions, but I am not that person. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong and what I can do to solve it (or at least point me in the right direction)

Thanks

You need to change the name on the CfgPatches from "testmod" to the name of each mod.

Since you have both in there..both of which are considered..."testmod"....you only see one.

Change that and you're golden. FYI...if you use the newest ORBAT Spyder posted..he added the ability to export CfgPatches automatically

5. @AUTigerGrad
    So what I've been doing is once I've finished I "Export Entire Faction" then paste that into the autogen file and PBO it all.
    Then I do the same with the civ faction.

This is using the separate version Spyder posted after the release.

So what you're saying is after I've pasted the data and before I PBO it I need to change the name of the file?

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Note:
    If you are using the experimental version then use the CfgPatches export method to generate the needed config for that file, will save most people who don't know how configs work some trouble.

7. Shit I need to go do some reading, because in all honesty at this point you may as well be speaking Greek to me. (no offence)

I'm obviously trying to do something without understanding how how any of the parts work together.
    The sooner someone comes up with a nice YouTube video explaining it all the better for dummies like me :P

8. JD, Spyderbro helped me with the same issue a while back. I've got some files I can send you to clear it right up.

I'm not at the computer right now but I'll hit you up in a while.

9. Thanks man, I've just been having another go now I know about the CfgPatches export, and still no joy.

I really need the "Bob Ross with crayons talking to a 5 year old" instructions on this one I think.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Easy

I feel the same way about everything. Here is BORBAT Ross: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1bmhek5fp7uwlg/Dual_Factions_Example.RAR?dl=0

It's set up with placeholder names (Alpha and Bravo) but that way you can see how it works, just replace the names with whatever. Compress each folder into it's own .PBO

Hope it helps!

11. That's awesome dude, thank you so much

12. Don't thank me, thank the maker. :)

13. @JD_Wang Thanks man, I've just been having another go now I know about the CfgPatches export, and still no joy.

I really need the "Bob Ross with crayons talking to a 5 year old" instructions on this one I think.

Twitch.tv/bobross

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Taliban faction "HV_Taliban" added to the first post. Requires RHS USAF (probably), RHS AFRF, Project OPFOR and Eric J's Taliban units. They come in 2, 4, 6 and 8 man groups, and also have motorized groups. Faction name HV_Taliban

I'll add the classnames for units in the readme when I have some time. Eric J's civs, which come with his mod, which you probably should use since they look identical to the Taliban faction, are faction name AFGCIV

15. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Taliban faction "HV_Taliban" added to the first post. Requires RHS USAF (probably), RHS AFRF, Project OPFOR and Eric J's Taliban units. They come in 2, 4, 6 and 8 man groups, and also have motorized groups. Faction name HV_Taliban

I'll add the classnames for units in the readme when I have some time. Eric J's civs, which come with his mod, which you probably should use since they look identical to the Taliban faction, are faction name AFGCIV

Have you been able to get Spyder's Civilian Interaction module to work with Eric J's Taliban Civs? Or have you had it work with any of created Civ factions through the Orbatron?

I haven't been able to get it to work with any Civ factions other than Project Opfor, CAF Civs, and Vanilla Civs. Default ALiVE options work fine though.

16. @AUTigerGrad I don't actually use that module anymore. Not because I don't love it (I do), but because I release these missions and it's confusing to explain to people about needing to use both his interaction menu and the vanilla ALiVE interact option because of that broken HQ question in Spyder's mod.

Very strange it's not working. You'd think if the faction was configured properly enough for ALiVE to spawn them on the map, that they'd be configured properly enough to work with his mod.

17. Spyder just released a fix to Addons for the Civ interaction.

18. He's such a bro!

19. @SpyderBlack723 Would you be willing to take a peak at my ORBAT faction in the first post (HV_Taliban) to see why the units aren't showing up in Zeus? They definitely were at one point. Not sure what happened. No hurry but if you ever had a chance I'd love to get that working.

20. Use the cfg patches export option in the latest link posted here

21. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks. I just exported the cfg patches and it looks much different than the old one we used before, specifically in the required addons section which used to list a ton of vanilla A3 assets. Did I need to keep those in there?

I just loaded up the ORBAT faction using the new exported cfg patches file (leaving the other 3 files the same) and I can't open any of my missions due to missing the required addon: testMod_test by Spyderblack723

EDIT: I think I see the issue now. BRB.
    EDIT2: The testmod test line was defined in my original cfg patches file along with a long list of vanilla assets in the required addons section. Once I added the testmod line and the addons stuff back, everything works perfectly and also works in Zeus now! Thanks! Faction updated in the first post!

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!