ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@ToTo With the latest workshop release I get this when trying to pack :
    https://i.imgur.com/WWiwamP.png
    The quad bike is the vanilla FIA one... And he can't read config.cpp?!? Wut?

This will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix. Stay tuned.

@Nichols On a different note...Spyder; I was wondering earlier today if there was a plan to simplify the output of factions or the ability to save your work in order to resume it without having to reload all the previous stuff. Similarly to how we can save a mission file and reload it to work in it without starting over from scratch. I have gotten very good at reloading and typing faction names and classnames in the last few days but honestly don't have as much time now due to work and would love to get some game time in soon.

Thanks for the hard work and feedback on some of my other issues.

Well normally you would just put your config inside an addon, load that addon and continue working. Obviously errors in the current build can prevent a proper export under certain conditions so that's not always possible. I can't import an exported config because parsing that in SQF would be suicide, but an SQF datastructured output that can be imported (but won't be usable in any other way) in the future is possible. It takes time though and right now there is other stuff to focus on (and time is hard to come by).

3. @SpyderBlack723 You have to define ALL of the groups, modified or not. Basically, just make the changes you want, then use the Full Faction export option. Then rip out everything in that file except what is in between

class CfgGroups {
    };

And toss that in your description.ext (or a file it calls).

Thank you for all the help! =)

4. Absolutely loving this so far! One thing though is that when I edited the vehicles and added different units to them through the unit editor, I keep getting

Undefined base class "Turrets" errors?

5. Hotfix soon

6. @SpyderBlack723 Hotfix soon

Is it related to that undefined class "turrets" error? Just wondering if I should wait for the hotfix or start seeing if I can fix it :P

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes it was in response to your question. I've fixed a few other small things as well. If you spent a long time accumulating an output then link me to it and I'll manually fix it for you in the meantime.

8. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

OK quick outline then question.

Using the VME PLA units I changed them around to fit the needs of a mission I am working on. They are exported and have been packed into a .pbo and are in an addon that is called in my arma3sync file list when I am working on my mission. However the units that I have made are not visible at all. Basically I trimmed them down to just a small sample of the original and only used the "woodland" and "Special Forces" group. I was going to start editing in another mod with vehicles but since the others are not visible in the editor or in the Orbat menu I am stumped now.

Any idea why the faction would not be seen?

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

9. When you went back and re-edited the units, dd you import them from the config?

10. For anyone who wants to use UNSUNG with ALiVE here my compat mod.

USMC 1967 (UNSUNG_W_USMC_65) (3rd Battalion 4th Marines for the primary force, 3rd Force Recon Company for the SF force, supported by the 25th ID for ground vehicles, and the Navy for CAS aircraft (All marine used aircraft))

PAVN 1967 (UNSUNG_E_PAVN_67) (40th VC Battalion, 1st regiment main force, 4th VC Battalion, 12th Regiment Recon Force, VC Village Geurillas primarily for ground troops with some 8th Battalion 66th Regiment NVA and 4th Battalion 21st Regiment Recon and Dac Cong for their SF)

Civilians (UNSUNG_C)

UNSUNG ALiVE

11. @Opendome When you went back and re-edited the units, dd you import them from the config?

They are packed into a pbo and are loaded in my mod order. They should show up just like the other mods when i go into the editor regardless of importing via config.

12. Go back and enable one at a time. For each faction, use the CfgPatches export option, and use that exported data to overwrite the text in the existing CfgPatches files in the same folder as your autogen.hpp. Also make sure that the folder holding the autogen.hpp has a unique name.

13. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

Will do....going to be a little while before that happens but will let you know how it turns out.

OK I was talking with a buddy and he said to use this for each unit:

scope = 2;
    scopeCurator = 2;

The Orbat Creator spit this code snippet out for each unit:

scope = 2;
    scopeArsenal = 2;

Could that be why the units are not visible in the editor for when I am working on my mission?

14. scope Arsenal shoukd be scope curator, something probably just autocorrected in N++ there, will fix that.

But no, that won't fix as scope defines their visibility, and 2 is the highest form of visibility. It's likely your mods are just overwriting eachother which the above steps will fix. You can verify this by using the in game config viewer to check if the unit classes are loaded in the game.

15. New version of my UNSUNG ALiVE Compat!

UNSUNG ALiVE

16. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

Guys we just found what was wrong with my faction not showing up in the editor. It was brought to my attention that the ORBAT creator did not spit out a }; in the CfgPatches portion. It was exported as this:

class CfgPatches {
    class SHG_PLA {
    units[] = {
    weapons[] = {};
    requiredVersion = 1.62;
    requiredAddons[] = {
    "A3_Characters_F",
    "A3_VME_PLA_Men"
    };
    author = "Nichols";
    authors[] = { "Nichols" };

But now it works because I have it as this:

class CfgPatches {
    class SHG_PLA {
    units[] = {};
    weapons[] = {};
    requiredVersion = 1.62;
    requiredAddons[] = {
    "A3_Characters_F",
    "A3_VME_PLA_Men"
    };
    author = "Nichols";
    authors[] = { "Nichols" };

17. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5R8WkcGUL8pT3BJdklhclN0V28

I added a 75th Rangers faction for anyone who would like one.

Uses 75th Rangers by Hawaiian, SMA, RHS US Forces, and Military Gear Pack

18. Hi mates !

Do you know why when i use my faction in solo all is good but when we are on multi every weapons disapear for this faction ?

19. @miogushi Hi mates !

Do you know why when i use my faction in solo all is good but when we are on multi every weapons disapear for this faction ?

I talked with spyder about this, hes going to look into a fix ;)

20. oh ! i m not alone :), so i ll just wait.

Thank you

21. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I'll have some time this weekend to look at it ^

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!