ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

One thing I was wondering is how are artillery groups handled? I have a bunch of artillery groups made but Ive never actually (come to think of it ever in using ALiVE) seen artillery groups spawn in or do anything?

3. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

They do spawn, I promise.

Set down a Mil\Civ Placement module set to 600+
    Open the C2ISTAR operations map

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Quick Note:

I've setup an automated build and upload system that I'll run whenever I make any changes. These should be considered developmental builds that may not be entirely stable (so don't spend 4 hours on a faction just to have it break on export, go slow and build up).

You may access these builds via this folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sjqlreh2tzcu6y8/AABXiTS0rZu6Who4P3om3e1Ya?dl=0

(Also added to main post)

All build names are appended with the date they were created.
    ex. November 30, 2016 --> 11302016

Maximum of 10 builds will be stored at one time.

I've also created a Slack channel for ORBAT Creator related discussions and sharing. Notifications of new builds will also be posted to this channel. If you wish to join, please start a private (between just you and me) forums thread and post your email inside.

5. Getting this error when running ARMA:

"File usafocp\autogen.hpp, line 545:
    /CfgVehicles/B_USASFOCP_Engineering_Sergeant_01.EventHandlers: Undefined base class 'EventHandlers'"

Any idea what went wrong?

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Are you using the latest build posted? This was fixed a few weeks ago.

7. Yeah, I was. I don't know what the problem was, I ended up just rebuilding the faction and it worked fine.

8. Apologies if this has been mentioned. Units created with ORBATRON that are then occupied by playable units have items duplicated upon a new person joining and succesfully loading into the server.

IE:

2 Players join the server.
    1 Person picks their slot and loads in and walks around map. They then change some equipment ingame.
    A second person then repeats this process. Once they are walking around, it loads their gear then the first persons kit is reloaded to its state as defined in ORBATRON.

9. @willithappen
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zp83w67e96yqq8/ALiVE_AUTOBUILD_11302016.zip?dl=0

10. @SpyderBlack723 Is that updated in hotfix 1.2.3 for ALiVE released?

11. Yes

12. Awesome, cheers

13. Yo @SpyderBlack723 - Apologies if this is not the best spot to report these issues,

Currently I'm using the ORBAT Created units as slots for players to reduce time to gear up etc for missions, however, if the player respawns, they do not respawn with the loadouts gear, instead they load with whatever unit they inherit from - for this example, the BLUFOR Rifleman (For the sake of units map icon etc).

This is because the default BIS unit has cfgRespawnWeapons[]={};

I'm aware that this is due to the way you create the loadouts with your tool not using the normal config method of Weapons[]={} or Items[]={} etc and instead done by event handlers and a script.

Hopefully you could find a way to have respawns work with these units, the tool saves an amazing amount of time in creating factions etc and tweaking is just as easy.

Cheers!

14. Hmm, will have to see if there is some script that gets called on respawn instead of just on init. Thanks for letting me know.

15. Fantastic,
    I understand that using these units for players was probably not inside the scope of intended features.

Cheers!

16. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

As close as possible to replicating a hand made config is my scope

17. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@willithappen Haven't really looked into solving that issue, but for a simple temp fix, I've changed the init string to code and applied an MPRespawn EH that calls it. Should be working the next release, soon™.

Merry Christmas, peasants.

18. Edited 7 years ago by willithappen

Hey Spyder, is this fix included in the released 1.2.7 update?

Have noticed that it is in the new update. Will let you know how it goes if we have any hiccups. Thanks for the temp fix, heres hoping you can find a more permanent one.
    Cheers!

19. If anyone wants to see someone that's gone totally bonkers like AuTigerGrad, check this out: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/200555-special-forces-factions-sff/

Jarrad96 has made a TON of amazing looking factions, and from what I understand talking with him, all with ORBAT.

It's pretty neat how this tool Spyder created is changing the landscape of what's possible with the game. Congrats Spyderblack723!!! :)

20. Hi Spyder,

Just tried restructuring the RHS factions myself but every time I try to launch the game after building the .pbo my game crashes with error related to the config entry CargoTurrets.

Is there something Iam doing wrong?

Screenshot attached:
    -image-

21. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Certain RHS vehicles seem to fail when copying factions.

PatPowerCat listed a fix here:
    http://alivemod.com/forum/2663-orbat-trouble

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!