Vehicles falling from the sky

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Tupolov

12 Jul 2017 Administrator

I believe this could be where Vehicles are placed and they intersects with other objects, causing said vehicles to launch into the air.

@highhead

3. Edited 6 years ago by JD_Wang

I don't think so, I've only seen them coming straight down. It's as if they're being spawned with +100 on the z axis.

I've got footage somewhere, I'll try and find it and upload it. But you should be able to see if if you set up civilian ambient vehicles and drive around

4. Can you repro this with ALiVE and CBA only?

5. I think the best way to reproduce this is set civilian ambient vehicles to max and fly around altis.

That's when I see this happening.

6. Edited 6 years ago by JD_Wang

This was with just the ALiVE required, Virtual AI, Civ Pop and placement modules. No mods loaded just CBA and ALiVE. It's easy to reproduce, I'm surprised everyone hasn't noticed it.

Everything set to default except Max ambient vehicles and a 200m spawn radius.
    I've seen them dropping from much higher too

7. Tupolov

13 Jul 2017 Administrator

Thanks for the report!

8. Someone created a GitHub issue for this at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/393 . :)

9. Edited 6 years ago by Shadow60_66

I'm also having an issue where vehicles fall out of the sky and spawn on roofs in Takistan.

-image-

(Also included is an interestingly spawned HMG that killed me...)

10. Edited 6 years ago by AndyB1580

Happens to me when using Camp Rogaine as a base almost every time if civilian ambient vehicles are enabled (even low) and frequently even if not enabled. Using only CBA and ALiVE mods and in the Eden editor.

Helicopters are also rendered above ground level in Camp Rogaine and explode if they drop more than a few feet onto the helipad.

11. Fixed in recent build

12. Pretty sure this isn't fixed. Just run a mission and had them zoom past me in my OH-6! Which fix should we be looking for?

13. Unless you're downloading the most recent build from GitHub you'll have to wait for the next official ALiVE release.

14. I have seen this happening on Lythium as well. Can't remember which version but I am almost 100% positive I am using the latest off of Github for the mission I was building.

15. Deleted 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  16. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

There's a possibility that another testing build which would contain a fresh index for Lythium might come pretty soon (no promises). Hopefully a fresh index will fix whatever is causing this.

17. 5 years ago

Quick thread necro here to see if anyone has noticed this happening still?

I haven't noticed it at all for a long time, but recently we started a mostly vanilla (Just ACE and TFAR) mission on Altis and I've noticed the civilian vehicles dropping in again.

18. Yup, I've seen it from time-to-time, last weekend actually on Tanoa. They drop from about 10meters or so when I see them, some maps they drop far enough to explode.

19. Edited 5 years ago by marceldev89

Hmm the fix I did for this nearly a year ago is still in there so not sure what's causing it to reappear again. Can you record the behavior you're seeing (preferably from a Zeus perspective in an area with a lot of civilian vehicles)? That way I can at least determine if it's the exact same issue or not.

20. I have seen this on occasion. I couldn't figure out what was in the sky, all of a sudden I realized it was an Abrams. The bounce was astounding.

21. Placed Wasp LHD yesterday from CUP. The "clear deck" version spawns with aircraft on the deck and vehicles in the hold. It was an explosion festival as 90% of the vehicles dropped from approx. one vehicle height on mission load and exploded. I tried it several times to make sure I wasn't just drunk.

This is happening in towns too.

or Sign Up to reply!