ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Was tour faction generated with the most recent version of ALiVE?

3. @SpyderBlack723 Was tour faction generated with the most recent version of ALiVE?

Yep went back and redid the newest version and still had the same issue with no gear showing on it.

4. Edited 6 years ago by Nichols

@SpyderBlack723 You heard anything about the issue we posted up on the feedback tracker regarding the setunitloadout command? After the faction was rebuilt I am still having that same issue unless I spawn them all in via Zeus and then everyone is able to find extra gear on the dead AI when they kill them. If you need the newest faction it is on the Steam Workshop . To my knowledge no one else has mentioned this as a problem when using the faction outside of ALiVE.

5. Nope, I have been (and will be) rather busy for awhile.

6. So I keep having a strange issue haha, with both RHS, Unsung, and Project Opfor factions I create spawn in and always drop a backpack?

7. Edited 6 years ago by AUTigerGrad

@Opendome I have had the same issue for quite a while. I've had it with standard factions too so I'm not sure its an ORBAT issue.

8. You guys using TFAR?

9. yup and I've got it set to disable give commander a Long Range Radio and its still dropping backpacks. It's also dropping backpacks for units that don't even have a radio...just a duplicate backpack.

10. But the problem is caused by TFAR, right?

11. Yeah that is a TFAR bug we have been attempting to fix off and on since TFAR was introduced. It does it to my PLA faction as well. You can see backpacks that get dropped by the AI all over their spawn areas from when they come out of being virtualized and then pop back into it.

12. Dammit lol

13. @SpyderBlack723 just wanted to ask a quick question about the setunitLoadout issue in ORBAT Creator. Asking because the AI only have 1 magazine in the weapon and they are running out of ammo before the fire fights get going.

14. The loadout is added server side (and setUnitLoadout doesn't work globally .. though it's supposed to), which means clients cannot see their full inventory, but they do have access to it.

15. Edited 6 years ago by Nichols

@SpyderBlack723 I have done a ton of testing on this from the first time I found this happening and never have I seen the AI have more than 1 magazine that they have access to.

I have remote controlled several hundred AI troops once I noticed this issue and none of them have more than 1 magazine in their gear; hence the fact that they can't reload any weapons. It makes fire fights really lop sided against them. I have watched them without remotely taking over control of the AI and seen them shoot their one magazine and then run around taking cover, checking dead buddies for extra ammo (we use VCOM for AI control on a tactical level), tossing smoke, frags or placing mines if they have them; but never being able to fire another shot. However if I Zeus in a unit they are able to shoot and reload without any issues.

BUT when I open the units up in the editor they have the appropriate ammo as it was done via the ORBAT creator.

I will be glad to record this (unable to stream it due to crappy upload from AT&T) and post it up for someone to view it and see what I am talking about.

16. Am I right in saying if I just want to change an armoured group from 3 tanks to 1 tank and a squad of men, I can just export that change to the description.ext ?
    Basically as long as I don't change weapons etc right?

17. Yes, if you are just editing the groups, you can edit the original faction as it comes when loading the ORBAT Creator. You can then export the faction's groups and paste them in your description.ext and it should read the faction from there.

18. Perfect. I like my insurgents have the odd tank, but a group of 3 is overkill. 1 + a squad makes much more sense to me.

19. Greetings!

Whenever I try to make a faction that is using RHS vehicles I get a TurretMaxRotSpeed-something error, and the vehicle only has a driver as crew (all slots are filled in ORBAT).

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

20. Edited 6 years ago by dividedbyzero

@Easy
    That seems to be a problem with RHS vehicles unfortunately.

@SpyderBlack723 I'm having a bit of a weird problem. I have 2 different factions created with ORBAT Creator and packed into .pbo but if I activate them both in the launcher mod manager, only one shows up, but if I activate only one and leave the other deactivated, it shows up in the editor fine.

EDIT: I packed my .pbos with identical file structures lmao that's why.

21. @dividedbyzero So you have fixed the issue? If not make sure your config classes are named differently as well.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!